Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2001, 11:21 AM   #11
Azreall, Master of War
Dungeon Master

Well, you are one guy for my liking.

Everybody is so full of frikin' mages... But they are nothing stronger then a Diseased Gliberling when the Spells run out. I never had a mage kick my ass, not even good ol' Joneleth.
Actually, I prefer runing to them with the Boots of Speed and imediatly cast "silence" with this sword I have. Its SO funny torturing them when they're standing there all helpless.

Hey, why dont you check out my New Clan Topic...? Could be intresting.

------------------
"Strength and Honour"
Old 03-21-2001, 11:27 AM   #12
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

I'll check out the topic.

Ahh yes...I *love* the Silence tactic. Use it all the time. Haven't come across a mage yet who had Vocalize cast. Another good item to use for this is the Horn of Silence. That'll shut everyone up in a pretty large cone-shaped area. hah hah. See ya' later spell-slinger!

------------------
The only good giant is a dead giant!
---Throntar the Battlerager---
Old 03-21-2001, 01:18 PM   #13
Elhardo
The Magister

I agree, although i do prefer BG2 to BG1 becuase of the baddies in BG2 I did love the outdoor nature of BG1, especially the neat weather made you feel cosy when you entered the Jovial Juggler
What was also nice was the early wandering around thinking, what the bugger am I going to do now, , getting lost, then getting into a little war with a Fort full o' gnolls...Aslo it felt more like the Lord of the Rings
Old 03-21-2001, 01:39 PM   #14
Aurican
Elminster

I prefer anything that has a good story line considering that there are very few decent CRPGs out there. Imagine if there weren't any at all. Imagine if there was only crappy ones like Ultima 8. Yikes!

------------------
Can an elf get a break anywhere these days?
Old 03-21-2001, 01:39 PM   #15
Azreall, Master of War
Dungeon Master

Yes, well... It seems you have a hard time deciding where to put your smileys, dont you ?

Ah, the Jovial Jugler... the Feldpost Inn... the Golden Sunrise Inn... the good ol' Friendly Arm Inn...

Sniff ... those were Good times... sniff

------------------
"Strength and Honour"
Old 03-21-2001, 05:46 PM   #16
Elhardo
The Magister

I always loved the choatic neutral character 8)
Thankyou for noticing my lovely faces! :*:*(
Old 03-21-2001, 08:18 PM   #17
Strahd Von Zarovich
Drow Warrior

I think, most other post hit the hammer on the nail, when I they made Bg2 I recall on the interplay site reading they wanted to make gameplay better by cutting out nature walks and using travel more like Planescape where you go from point A to point B. Only when you know when you knew of the loction could you arrive there it stoped people from jumping ahead (I.e: go to the underdark and sneak away with powerful weaponds one hour after you started).

But For all the great things of Bg2 I was thrown back by the Planscape style travel, It took away a litle of realism bg1 had, Thecnicly one could walk for hours in a forest and not encounter a single thing. As for the mosters respawning the Firebrige ruins are one of the few places in Bg where I not sure I fully maped, even a hight level party could get swamped by Kobolts but it added a sence of danger. I also miss the questioning by charm, I used to love charming ennemies just to get more of the story. Bg2 is great and I wouldn't change it but Bg1 is great in it's own right and I still play it afew times it's still as good(Maybe I should buy Tosc now that it's cheaper)
Old 03-21-2001, 09:01 PM   #18
BG2SOA

I played BG1 and playing BG2 now.I think that BG2 is better than BG1:It has good graphics,good sound effects,good story,nice gameplay and a big choice of characters and weapons.But BG1 was also good in it's own way:Good outside enviroments,good story and fun to play.
But BG2 is my choice.

btw I'm new here
Old 03-21-2001, 11:27 PM   #19
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Given the same (or similar) level of difficulty, BG1 is more challenging, due to low HP and limited number of spells and items. But like many others, BG2 will be my pick for obvious reasons.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-21-2001, 11:33 PM   #20
Strahd Von Zarovich
Drow Warrior

well it's rare to see a game where the sequal insn't better than the original (There exceptions of course). But for all they added I still think they should haved kept the bg1 traveling system (but It might haved boosted the number of cd to something like 10).