Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2001, 07:25 AM   #21
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Sounds like someone is in FANTASY LAND

Hey, one thing I have never understood - please explain Chip and Sarah?? 48-0 sounds to low for an Aussie Rugby game - more like a World Cup qualifier for the Socceroos!!!!

------------------
Old 06-08-2001, 07:33 AM   #22
antonius
Zhentarim Guard

I can (partially) explain this one -

It's from a Saturday morning TV prog on Sky (Soccer AM). Quite funny actually in a laddish kind of way (and Helen Chamberlain is a good sight on a saturday morning).
They started a national campaign - seems to have caught on

(the bit I'm guessing at) I think Sarah was trying to stop Chip from watching football (was that the gist of it Donut?)
Old 06-08-2001, 07:42 AM   #23
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Hi Antonius - thanks for the info. I take it from your 3 cups reference that you are perhaps a Liverpoodle (or is that puddle)??? I am a Gunners fan - went to the Leeds clash last month at Highbury with Donut - so no knocking the Gunners OK .

------------------
Old 06-08-2001, 07:44 AM   #24
Sir_Tainly

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Hi Antonius - thanks for the info. I take it from your 3 cups reference that you are perhaps a Liverpoodle (or is that puddle)??? I am a Gunners fan - went to the Leeds clash last month at Highbury with Donut - so no knocking the Gunners OK .

Like the Gunners need to be knocked more than they already have

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF and part time Pinguindiebjäger

Old 06-08-2001, 08:23 AM   #25
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by antonius:
I can (partially) explain this one -

It's from a Saturday morning TV prog on Sky (Soccer AM). Quite funny actually in a laddish kind of way (and Helen Chamberlain is a good sight on a saturday morning).
They started a national campaign - seems to have caught on

(the bit I'm guessing at) I think Sarah was trying to stop Chip from watching football (was that the gist of it Donut?)
Yes, Sarah doen't want Chip to watch football. When a game is on the TV she wants him to go shopping, or take a walk in the county and visit obscure lighthouses!

Chip appealed to SoccerAM for help and they launched a national campaign. Amazingly this has really taken off. To show support for Chip all you have to take a flag or poster to a football match and try to get it on TV. What has happened is that people have taken posters to all sorts of sporting events, Cricket, Rugby, Horse Racing, Rowing etc, and from around the world, football in Spain & Italy, a baseball match in the US. Countries showing support also include Austria, France, Bosnia, Sri Lanka and South Africa. Support was also seen at the Brazilian Grand Prix and a scoreboard on a new Playstation football game. The list is endless.

Then it spread to non sporting events. Anywhere there are news cameras around someone will be there to support Chip, people with save Chip signs followed Tony Blair all over the country during the General Election campaign.

If you want to see how widespread this has become this is the official Save Chip site. There are many other official sites.

If you are a sports love, please help to spread the word.

Save Chip, Don't Let Sara Win

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Old 06-08-2001, 08:28 AM   #26
antonius
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:

Save Chip, Don't Let Sarah Win

That explains it all then. Thought it was normal behaviour for a woman. Could you imagine just how Sarah feels now?

Old 06-08-2001, 01:42 PM   #27
Lavindathar
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by antonius:
No not Manc (spit) - did you appreciate the FA cup final?
Note how I don't just say _the_ cup final - after all there were 3 this year

On that subject,how did you feel about the FA Cup Final.It's a shame Owen doesn't have a left foot isn't it Mr.Gooner?

------------------
Old 06-08-2001, 01:45 PM   #28
Lavindathar
Harper

Sorry to repeat post,but I forgot something important.If you are American,or from another nationality do spread the word about Chip and Sarah.

Dont Let The Evil Witch Sarah Win...SAVE CHIP

------------------
Old 06-09-2001, 07:38 AM   #29
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:

Memnoch, following the ignominious defeat by Middlesex on Tuesday the Aussies followed up with a tie against Northampton yesterday. To achieve this they took three wickets in the last over while the scores were level. Not exactly setting the world alight are they?
Practice games don't count, mate!

I just checked a progress score: Pakistan are 6/88 at the 25th over against Australia. Can this be the same Pakistan team that romped to victory against England on Thursday? Let me check...yes it is!

------------------
Old 06-09-2001, 07:41 AM   #30
antonius
Zhentarim Guard

We could always say that one-dayers don't count either

The ashes have to be the priority...
Just look at the England team's missing players.