Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2001, 11:05 AM   #1
Rikard

so could someone link me to a page with criquet rules?

------------------

The Last Of the Red Fluffies

Member of the Ancients Club (@ age 16 )
High Magician of the Order of the Holy Flame

"Dream a Dreamers Dream And Know It Is But A Dream"

Old 06-07-2001, 11:12 AM   #2
Sir_Tainly

i replied in the other thread but here is:

http://laban.vr9.com/laws.html

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF and part time Pinguindiebjäger

Old 06-07-2001, 11:14 AM   #3
Bleys
Dungeon Master

It's easy
Here they are the rules..

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he is out. When they are all out, the side that's been out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out, he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who are all out all the time, and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game.

[This message has been edited by Bleys (edited 06-07-2001).]
Old 06-07-2001, 11:15 AM   #4
Sir_Tainly

Bleys i just explained it to Rik in my Baseball thread LOL, poor guy's is either going to get swamped or end up an expert LOL

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF and part time Pinguindiebjäger

Old 06-07-2001, 03:23 PM   #5
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Rikard:
so could someone link me to a page with criquet rules?

Croquet is a game where you have to knock balls through a hoop. One teams balls are black and blue, the other players balls are red and white.

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Old 06-08-2001, 04:05 AM   #6
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
Croquet is a game where you have to knock balls through a hoop. One teams balls are black and blue, the other players balls are red and white.

Donut! Don't knock a potential convert!

How did England fare against Pakistan, mate?

------------------
Old 06-08-2001, 05:20 AM   #7
antonius
Zhentarim Guard

Memnoch,

Why do I get the impression that you already know how we fared against Pakistan?

The "fans" almost saved us though

(Paraphrase from the Pakistan captain - Nothing to worry about, pitch invasions happen all the time back home!)

And your "boys" have to play them today... What will it be like coming last in the triangular 1 day series AND losing the ashes?

[This message has been edited by antonius (edited 06-08-2001).]
Old 06-08-2001, 05:20 AM   #8
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Donut! Don't knock a potential convert!

How did England fare against Pakistan, mate?

I apologize Rikard - I was under the affluence of incohol at the time.

Did you know that the Netherlands have a national cricket team. They compete in the Cricket World Cup as well as the Nat West Trophy which is a domestic one day competion in England. There was even a World Cup match played at Amstelveen in 1999. South Africa beat Kenya.

I hope to go mountaineering in Holland this year

Memnoch, following the ignominious defeat by Middlesex on Tuesday the Aussies followed up with a tie against Northampton yesterday. To achieve this they took three wickets in the last over while the scores were level. Not exactly setting the world alight are they?

And while I'm in full flow - I haven't heard anything from Davros lately. I thought he might want to discuss the Socceroos performance. I think I'm turning Japanese.

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Old 06-08-2001, 06:11 AM   #9
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
I apologize Rikard - I was under the affluence of incohol at the time.

Did you know that the Netherlands have a national cricket team. They compete in the Cricket World Cup as well as the Nat West Trophy which is a domestic one day competion in England. There was even a World Cup match played at Amstelveen in 1999. South Africa beat Kenya.

I hope to go mountaineering in Holland this year

Memnoch, following the ignominious defeat by Middlesex on Tuesday the Aussies followed up with a tie against Northampton yesterday. To achieve this they took three wickets in the last over while the scores were level. Not exactly setting the world alight are they?

And while I'm in full flow - I haven't heard anything from Davros lately. I thought he might want to discuss the Socceroos performance. I think I'm turning Japanese.

Aaaaaahhh Donut. Always love your posts. I told Mel about her national cricket team when I was there. Our enigmatic Colin "Funky" Miller (of the blue hair) played for years in the professional Nederland League teams.

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 06-08-2001, 06:14 AM   #10
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Noticed the mountaineering gag BTW Do'. :laugh1:

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!

[This message has been edited by Yorick (edited 06-08-2001).]