Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2001, 07:22 PM   #1
KC_2
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Is it me or did they put a randomly generated godlike creature right past Ishad N'ha? It appears strafing doesn't help avoid thier attacks. My guys just start dissolving quickly if they get near me. I tried running from them ,but they just reappear.. If I run into any other creatures, by the time I finish with them, I dont have time to loot anything before these things arrive! Any way to make yourself immune to the mass damage attacks? They seem to do roughly 2-7 damage per character every second!
KC_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2001, 07:25 PM   #2
andora20
Manshoon

Hi!!
THe mantraps are not randomly generated, u must kill them or they will follow u right back to the gates of Ishad'Na. If u use the search engine u can pick up some very handy tips in dealing with them. Good Luck!!!!
andora20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2001, 08:04 PM   #3
Tananda
Elminster

Welcome to the forum, KC_2!
These creatures, Amazoni mantraps, are probably the most challenging monsters of all the game. No other way - you have to deal with some of them right now - near Ishad N'ha. There were a lot of threads about mantraps - try using Search engine.
Or, try to cast long-ranged spells stepping backward - this is one of the ways of getting rid of them
Good luck and keep us informed of your progress, please!
Tananda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2001, 11:04 PM   #4
Mr-Eiz
Drow Warrior

Quote:

Wait intill you see the Jungle Liles
thay have 200-220 hp with 19140 Exp points

Have Fun

------------------
hunger need brain food
...................Hum you got brain for me??

Hi Ho Hi Ho
It's of to play we go

Eiz

[This message has been edited by Mr-Eiz (edited 06-11-2001).]
Mr-Eiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2001, 11:42 PM   #5
CyberVon Skrull
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yo KC_2
The first time i saw these "lovely" creatures, i fell in love
with them that's why i get near them. i thought they were only slow-moving and puny enemies, but i was wrong. You're right, they also squash
me to death in seconds. the next time i saw them, i keep a good visible
distance and casted simple "Flamedrop" spells from my wizards and "Force
of Mind" spells from my priests while moving backwards as they get near. I just erased them simply without even getting a bruise on my characters.
Try it. it's effective!
CyberVon Skrull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2001, 10:03 AM   #6
KC_2
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Bah, I would find it more effective if I could find a nice open area.. It seems like the designer's intent (seeing how there is a very long, single path to town) to have these things eventually get you stuck in town permanently. I came back from getting the baton, and rode the horse out at full speed, going in a few circles then bolting for town (I left them right near the Shurugeon ruins gate)... But they still were waiting for me when I come out of the town gates..

I mean, I dont mind a challenge, but this is ridiculous. I feel like I did when one of my P&P DMs had Asmodeus chasing my level 3 monk. (needless to say I got killed in record time! )

[This message has been edited by KC_2 (edited 06-12-2001).]
Old 06-12-2001, 12:42 PM   #7
KC_2
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Finally I killed the ones at the gate! Are there more than 4 of them? Do they regenerate??
Old 06-12-2001, 02:51 PM   #8
Spartan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've seen as many as 5 or 6 in one set - with the last one or two being to the north east near the lake.

Hunt during the day, walk, don't run, and move back wards as soon as ya spot them! Flame drop, haze, and thing that will slow em doen is a great way to go.

Good luck!
Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2001, 04:52 PM   #9
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

In addition to all of the other advice given here, try using the storm spells. They can take off over two thirds of their HP! Not too shabby huh? However, getting those spells at this level requires a lot of money and specialization in one book of magic.

-Jafin

------------------
Let's see how those Amazoni Mantraps stand up to the power of Tiltowait!
Jafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2001, 10:46 PM   #10
Sgok
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I found the best way to kill them was by kiting them. You cast a spell, and while they are slowly moving to you, you keep moving back and continually hitting them with spells. First time I saw one was when I was trying to charge into the Samurai graveyard and get the baton. I saw it in the distance and decided to have some fun with it, so I incinerated it. Did about a third of its hp in damage. Went back later to actually try to kill them, and they ambushed me from behind. I tried my luck with firestorm...KABOOM...one was dead in a few seconds. Firestormed another one and it died. Two more were lagging behind them, and I was OOM (out of mana). I ran back to Ishad N'ha and regained my mana. Rain back, two more firestorms, no more plants =P

[This message has been edited by Sgok (edited 06-12-2001).]
Sgok is offline   Reply With Quote