Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2003, 07:35 AM   #1
Leslie
Baaz Draconian

Anyone ever tried dwarf F/C multiclass with Dwarwen Thrower +3 ?

Can be quite fun with Righteous Magic and GWW !
I just tested one with SK and he was doing 29 dmg per hit -> 290 per round !

I know, I know, Kensai's with Fire Tooth dagger, improve hasted and with Kai can dish more damage ...

Still a very good damage, a very useful character, can protect pretty well (DOE + Hardiness + Armor of Faith), cleric HLA's, ...

(hmm, where could use this guy ...)
Old 09-05-2003, 10:35 AM   #2
Devv
The Magister

Sounds like a cool class [img]smile.gif[/img] Not enough people play dwarves heh.

One I have been enjoying lately is swashbuckler/mage dual. I use the console to take my swashbuckler to level 15 in the tutorial, then import him to a new game. I dual him even before he walks out of his cage in Irenicus' dungeon and role play like he was a strong thief, but the magic inside him was awoken during Irenicus' experiments on him and he gets temporary amnesia forgetting all his thieving skills.

It is fun starting from level 1 as a mage with 2 known spells and 1 castable in BG2 lol. I used the console to test how far he would get as a mage and it finishes up 15 swashbuckler/28 mage. This way he has a default ac of 2 and +4 in hit and damage, along with 4 level 9 spells There is no way to get thief abilities like use any item as a dual thief/mage. You need to be a 24 thief to get them and that doesn't leave enough xp to overtake it with the mage class. Unless you wanna play cheesy and download higher level packs.
Devv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 02:54 AM   #3
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Sounds quite good, actually. You could keep a shield in the off-hand, switch between FoA and DT. Definitely a powerful prototype. A solo would work using Devas and Animated Dead as fodder, as you chew them up from afar. Good idea [img]smile.gif[/img]

*smacks himself in head as he realises he forgot about DT for his solo Dwarven Priest of Talos*