Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2001, 08:03 PM   #1
skywalker
Banned User

This was posted on the Official Wizardry 8 Forum by Linda Currie!

"I am told today that we expect to be able to make an announcement within the next 2 weeks about when and where you will be able to purchase Wizardry 8 in North America.

When I get, and can release, full details, you can believe I will.

Linda Currie"

Lookin' Good!

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2001, 08:04 PM   #2
skywalker
Banned User

And another post!!!!

"We do have a demo and the intention has been to have it be available before the game.

I think that right now we're faced with:
A) logistics of getting it out, some of which is defined and some not and
B) the timing since we are doing everything we can to get the game out as soon as possible.

So, what I can't at all predict is how long before the actual game the demo will be available -- they might actually come quite close together.

Of course, when we are able to announce the when and where of the game, I imagine that we'll be able to include demo details at that time.

Linda Currie"

Mark
Old 10-03-2001, 02:03 AM   #3
Pangur Ban

Good news, indeed !! ( if you live in North America )

Lets hope us folks in the rest of the world can get our paws on Wiz 8 as well.

Pangur Ban

Pangur Ban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2001, 06:19 AM   #4
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Posted by Pangur Ban :
Good news, indeed !! ( if you live in North America )
Lets hope us folks in the rest of the world can get our paws on Wiz 8 as well.
Or if not, that our friends in the US (Hi Skywalker , how are things over there) can get a copy for us .

------------------

Ironworks Revolutionary Splitter wannabe
Founding Member, and General Demands Adviser of the O.R.T.
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2001, 08:24 AM   #5
skywalker
Banned User

Davros!

If you want a copy when it comes out, I'd be happy to mail one to you!

(That is as long as you send a check, of course! )

Mark
Old 10-03-2001, 04:42 PM   #6
skywalker
Banned User

Some info about the demo:

"No, you won't be able to transfer characters from the demo to the game.

Though the demo is the first physical game level, there were changes made so that it could demonstrate more "stuff". You start with a premade party (sorry no creation in the demo) though you do level as you play so you will be able to see some character development. The premade party is higher level than you would start with in the full game, and some tougher monsters have been added.

Linda Currie"

Just trying to get some excitement going here! (This is from the Official Forum by the way.)

Mark
Old 10-03-2001, 04:48 PM   #7
skywalker
Banned User

Still more news from the Official Forums:

"There are currently no plans for a Special Edition version. The official hint guide is being published by Sybex.

The game will ship with an extensive game manual though there is lots on ingame info & help... But when it comes to manuals, we like to make sure you have lots of info if you want to read it ; )... and be on 3 CDs. It will install off 2 CDs and you can choose between some install levels. You will need CD 3 in the drive when you play.

Linda Currie"

Sorry I don't have it all in one post, but I keep finding more stuff there, it ain't easy to find, either! (I'm not really spamming, am I? I don't care about how many posts I have, honest.)

Mark
Old 10-04-2001, 10:54 AM   #8
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Certainly you are not spamming, Mark! We appreciate any and all information you can provide us about Wiz 8. Thank you for keeping us informed.

Cheers,
Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2001, 11:06 AM   #9
skywalker
Banned User

Thanx Saz!

That said here is some more from Linda from you know where about D.W. Bradley and how Wizards & Warriors may differ from Wizardry 8.

"D.W. Bradley and Sirtech Software parted ways after Crusaders and he went on to develop some other things before doing W&W (Cybermage I think). He was not involved in Wiz 8 at all (neither the one that was externally contracted and cancelled, nor the one completed by Sirtech Canada).

What is interesting is that there are a lot of overlaps (I can't rattle them off without refreshing my memory about W&W but for instance there are 6 spell realms with each realm having 7 levels of spells in W&W, a scheme very similar to that which you've seen in CDS) but the games are very, very different. In some respects you can view it as a situation where both games are initially based on some of the inherent ideas that you'd find in CDS but have been developed in different directions.

The combat is very different in Wiz 8, as is the NPC interaction, and world environments and a lot of other things. As you might expect to hear me say Wiz 8 is better ; ) (no offense to Heuristic intended) and feels more like Wizardry (as it, of course, should since it is sequel to CDS after all).

Linda Currie"

Mark
Old 10-05-2001, 12:15 AM   #10
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

YYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Thank you for the good news skywalker!!!! Glad to hear it's better than W&W (although I'd already guessed it )

Now we just need an official release date!

-Jafin

------------------

Proud Citizen of the United States of America
The Original Arch-Mage of the HADB
Destroyer of the evil Bunnies
Proprietor of the Boogre Bar
The not-so-secret admirer of Lioness
Jafin is offline   Reply With Quote