Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2003, 05:45 PM   #1
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

This is pathetic. I guess I can understand the time it took them to ship the order, but it's condition is what blows my mind. A week from Saturday I ordered Song and Silence and a set of dice from BN.com, and I just got the package today. Maybe it's not so bad, but I don't pay $24.90 for a set of dice and a book that's been torn. I'm not even sure how it's possible this could have happened when it was INSIDE the box. It's just a sad day when you think your getting a deal, and it turns out your being cheated out of the money you saved.
Old 02-03-2003, 05:54 PM   #2
Sir Goulum
John Locke

I'd say you send it back with a note that says how disappointed you were and you want another one [img]tongue.gif[/img] With $10 back!
Old 02-03-2003, 06:10 PM   #3
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Cut apart some letters and right a threatening letter to the company saying "Send more dice and mind condition book with $10 to me now or bad things will start happening..."
*resumes cutting magazine letters apart.*
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 02-03-2003, 06:24 PM   #4
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

If you email them, and offer to return their products, they'll give you a new book and a new set of dice. I had the same thing with Barnes and Noble last year; I ordered a CD last October and once it arrived, the actual CD case looked like Godzilla had tried it for lunch then conveniently regurgitated it. It's very annoying though, that's for sure. Maybe if you write them a really whiney email, they'll give you an extra coupon or something. Worth a try
Old 02-03-2003, 07:04 PM   #5
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

The dice are fine, it's the book I'm referring to. Regardless, I emailed them via customer service as soon as I took it out of the box. I hope I can have it replaced at a local retailer rather than wait another 2 weeks for this one to go back and the replacement to come to me.
Old 02-09-2003, 06:40 AM   #6
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Nanobyte:
The dice are fine, it's the book I'm referring to. Regardless, I emailed them via customer service as soon as I took it out of the box. I hope I can have it replaced at a local retailer rather than wait another 2 weeks for this one to go back and the replacement to come to me.
Well, at least you didn't buy it second-handed from someone at e-bay, which would really be a major letdown, as refunds are not always an option.
Luckily, I've never really had any complaints about free shipping... One time the jewel case of a CD was slightly broken, but I could live with that.
Old 02-09-2003, 03:04 PM   #7
chrisofthedale
Account Removed by Request

I wouldnt keep your hopes up im afraid. Same thing happened to me when i ordered my katana, the plastic handle(faked ivory) was broken in two. The outside box was fine but the inside one looked like they broke it so it would fit in the outside one! I e-mailed them and they said they'd send me a new one, thats was a good month or so ago [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 02-09-2003, 03:05 PM: Message edited by: chrisofthedale ]