Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2002, 05:04 PM   #51
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Onya Larry. Good one mate. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 06-18-2002, 05:28 PM   #52
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
You are right, and your post is in the right place. This is a family forum, and I tend to think of how a father would feel if he saw his underage girl portrayed as was...with the comments under the picture the way they were. It did not feel right.
OH NO! NOT A BARE LEG! and whats THIS! A boyfriend showing attraction to his girlfriend WE WILL HAVE NONE OF THAT! SET YOUR GENITALS ON FIRE AND REPENT IMMEDIATELY!
Old 06-18-2002, 05:41 PM   #53
Lord Shield

YES!!!! WE SHOULD ALL WEAR HESSIAN UNDERGARMENTS AND ALL SKIRTS MUST BE DOWN TO THE ANKLES!!! SHAME ON US!!!!

Old 06-18-2002, 05:49 PM   #54
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Come on, leave the guy alone. He's allowed to have a different moral code to you. [img]smile.gif[/img] Let's not ridicule him because of it.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 06-18-2002, 05:55 PM   #55
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Have you ever noticed giving love/relationship advice to someone is a lose/lose game? The sage advice is not to do it unless asked and even then be prepared to be berated for it. There's only two kinds of advice you can give to someone about love and relationships. The kind that's not listened to, and the kind that's not appreciated!
Old 06-18-2002, 05:59 PM   #56
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well, this thread certainly grew since I last saw it. I saw Eternity's pics. I saw the accompanying text Avy posted. And I don't know how I feel about it. I, personally, feel that most everything of a personal nature on the forum should be conducted in private via PMs, e-mails, or chat. I have never been comfortable with personal issues being hashed out on a public forum. On the other hand, Avy has been quite "public" about his relationship with Erernity. I believe most of us are familiar with the chain of events as they have occured in this relationship.

I think we also have a clash of what is considered appropriate culturally, with us being a culturally diverse community. In the US, Eternity would be under-age (she is 17 I believe); I do not believe that she is under-age in the UK (I believe 16 is the legal age there.) This contributes more to the complexity of the situation.

I do think to assume that teenage feelings are merely lust is a bit misguided. I don't believe love or lust is dependent upon age. Nor do I believe that true love and sexual attraction are mutually exclusive; I tend to believe they go hand-in-hand.

I am a bit bewildered that this caused such a stir. I considered the post to be merely Avy having posted some pictures of Eternity and wanting to "show off" his girlfriend. Not the first or last time that this has occurred.
<b>Order of the Holy Flame</b><br /><i>Member of Clan HADB</i><br /><b>Laughing Hyena</b><br /><i>Clan Liaison, IW Peace Keeping Force</i><br /><i>[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com/Forum/index.php?board=29\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River VoiceChat!</a><br />Last Saturday of every month. <br />See the forum link for scheduling!<br /><b> </b><br /></i><br /><b>Admin and Co-Owner of [url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River</a></b><br />[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\"></a>
Old 06-18-2002, 05:59 PM   #57
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Come on, leave the guy alone. He's allowed to have a different moral code to you. [img]smile.gif[/img] Let's not ridicule him because of it.
Hear, hear! Larry's a stand up guy and devoted father. Give him some room for his moral standing too! Although I must admit, I do feel some pity for the poor kid who tries to date his daughter when she's older!
Old 06-18-2002, 06:06 PM   #58
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Reeka:
On the other hand, Avy has been quite "public" about his relationship with Erernity. I believe most of us are familiar with the chain of events as they have occured in this relationship.

Indeed... Many people already know what they're up to when they see Avatar being listed as the topic starter... After that, it's your own decision whether you wish to run the risk of actually entering it and reading the content or not. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-18-2002, 06:22 PM   #59
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kenyth:
quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Hear, hear! Larry's a stand up guy and devoted father. Give him some room for his moral standing too! Although I must admit, I do feel some pity for the poor kid who tries to date his daughter when she's older! [/QUOTE]

Hehe...How's this one? Take the guy out back, nail his incriminating body-part to a stump, set the stump on fire, hand him a dull knife, and tell him good luck, as I walk away!
(That is not original...I read it somewhere from another father.)
Old 06-18-2002, 06:32 PM   #60
Lord Shield

you're right, Reeka. Female age of consent in UK is 16

and yep[, it's the readers risk which threads they open