Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2001, 09:18 AM   #11
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Rikard:
I'll clear this up
For me
As i meant the bunny thread
was just to stay in this thread and nowhere else

What is it with this board was a serious display of concern from my side as a bunny war was started which in my eyes is not healthy at all

Any other thread i use a bunny is like the smilie cloudy uses
has nothing to do with the thread
it's the others that jump to it and try to unlock a bunny war which i find very disturbing

Sorry, I did not realise you were taking offence. Once again I'm sorry for the whole bunny thing Rikard.

------------------
"I'm a lifetime in my own legend,"
Sigmar, proud warrior of clan HADB
Old 08-31-2001, 09:22 AM   #12
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Mem! Mem! Mem! Did you notice that I was good and did not participate in any way in the "Great Bunny Fiasco"? A first for me I know. *Reeka polishing her halo*

------------------
Order of the Holy Flame
Member of Clan HADB

Old 08-31-2001, 09:44 AM   #13
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

err... Reeka? Halo? Ahh... umm... H-A-L-O? Polishing shiny HALO?!?!?!! What can I say about that.. . . .

BTW, who started infiltrating other posts with bunnies? WHO LET LOSE OF THE BUNNIES?

------------------

Heya! It's me, Imoen!
Old 08-31-2001, 10:51 AM   #14
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I will admit I posted in the bunny thread (Heck, as Memnoch says, a little spam relaxes so long as you don't overdo it) but I agree that
a) the bunnies should stay in the bunny thread
b) An entire bunny war is overdoing it, or?

------------------

I am the great Kazara
Old 08-31-2001, 10:58 AM   #15
Rikard

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
I will admit I posted in the bunny thread (Heck, as Memnoch says, a little spam relaxes so long as you don't overdo it) but I agree that
a) the bunnies should stay in the bunny thread
b) An entire bunny war is overdoing it, or?

I agree they should nhave started a bunny war

------------------

OMG I have no Arms
Wait I don't have a body either

Old 08-31-2001, 11:31 AM   #16
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
Thank you Memnoch!

Was wondering why this was allowed to proliferate, but the fluffy 'fiasco' was shut-down? Don't get me wrong, I participated too, but an invasion of 18 threads with a new one having to be started just to slow it down is a bit much!

I can't say for the other mods, but the reason I didn't quash anything was that no offensive language was being used, unlike the infamous "fluffy" fiasco (and that was Big Z that closed that one!)

Personally, I had no problem with the Bunny thread...if anything, it brought back feelings of nostalgia from the "good old days". Even I participated in it a little. I agree with Memnoch, though...18 (19?) threads is a tad much. I had not tallied the number, although I did quell the potential bunny uprising in Cloudy's cafe. I also received no complaints from others, otherwise I would have probably stepped in as well. So, Memnoch, good call, mate!

To support Memnoch: the original thread wasn't a problem...the problem is when it starts infiltrating other threads where people are having more serious discussions. Have fun, but keep it localized!

Cheers,

------------------
Old 08-31-2001, 11:37 AM   #17
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I just checked - in some of those threads (the Hi Im new here thread for instance) bunnies were only mentioned in passing or as a BTW and were not replied to. I don't think this is as bad because it doesn't change the subject. I do object to s hijacking other people's threads though.

------------------

I am the great Kazara
Old 08-31-2001, 11:38 AM   #18
Sir_Tainly

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:

Contrary to popular belief, I think that a bit of spam is good for the soul, releases frustrations, builds camaraderie and all that. Everyone talks shit once in a while. Hell, I've done it myself. But eighteen threads is a bit over the top, don't you think?

Memmy endorcing SPAM???? Who put you up to this mate, just tell us and we'll go sort 'em out wouldn't want you to have to compromise your beliefs so

------------------
Holy Avenger of the OHF and part time Pinguindiebjäger

Old 08-31-2001, 11:38 AM   #19
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
To support Memnoch: the original thread wasn't a problem...the problem is when it starts infiltrating other threads where people are having more serious discussions. Have fun, but keep it localized!
My point exactly. If you feel this overwhelming need to perpetrate all manner of cruelties on inoffensive little mammals that never did a thing to you then keep it to its own thread, don't pollute other threads. Then I don't have to field complaints from people, and then you don't have to put up with me.

------------------
Old 08-31-2001, 12:35 PM   #20
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:

P.S. Yorick - this includes you too, mate!

Ouch that's my head you're sitting on...

Man, first time I spam and I get slammed.

Oh and Epona, ooohhh miow, you have no sense of humour.

Oh well fair enough. This thread is hilarious though. The list of titles knowing they had bunnies was a screamer.

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!