Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2000, 06:36 AM   #1
TLan

At times things can go totally different then planned. Reasons wary, like clicking too fast and not reading the responses, or being too sleepy and clicking something what was not supposed to be clicked on, or some accidental click when you are reading something careful and then your cat jump on your table, steps on your mouse, makes fatal click with the mouse and sticks it's tail in your eye.

I wrote it here already somewhere, but one thing what went unplanned was when I tried to free Haer'Dalis. After finding him I thought to help the poor guy by dispelling the charm and since usual Dispell Magic didn't work, I picked up some bigger dispels and after slapping it on guy, it turned on me. Killing the wizard didn't help, nor fleein the place since haer kept following me, screaming and attacking. At some point I lost him and thought that he cooled off and went to meet Raelis for a reward, but apparently Haer had already informed them and it all ended up with dead actors. Oops.

Other time that lich in the City Gate area tavern, who got pounded by the pit fiend it summoned itself after I dispelled it's Protection from Evil. Eventually the lich Mazed the fiend and died to my (now un-Confuzed) tanks. I left the room after grabbing the loot since it was empty, nothing even invisible. While back in tavern I left my group below and went up to see those 2 local 'celebrities', when suddenly I saw a lot of combat messages rolling. I ran down and only to see pit fiend in all it's glory fighting with my group, and locals dropping dead left and right. Apparently the fiend was not far away and wanted to extend his warm/chill greeting to me also, after the lich. Oops for the locals.

Also the Unseeing Eye quest, when finishing it and getting rid of the rod. Those followers called out for the Avatar, which also appeared, but before the Avatar could say anything the followers turned to me again. I told them the same text, they called _again_ for the Avatar and pop! new Avatar came again heh. Result was double awards, which, all in all, wasn't that bad at all