Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2002, 01:30 AM   #1
Neb
Account deleted by Request

For NWN to randomly crash about every 5 minutes while playing online and forcing you to reboot your entire computer? Oh, and then also crash next time you try to start it, mess up your screen resolution and force you to reboot(again) to fix it? This game is just so damn buggy. This is the SECOND time that I've lost levels, items and gold to a f***ing crash. It even manages to crash while I'm just in the damn chatroom! Bloody stupid thing.
Neb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 06:52 AM   #2
Whailor

These are strange issues, the ones I NEVER experience. Can't help ya there, no idea what's up. Losing levels and items happens in Internet games, when you get disconnected before your char is saved, which means that the game reverts itself back to latest save. Solution? Save more often, or tell to DM to make the 'server' save more often, beats me which is the case as I don't really play NWN online.

As for crashes, then it's probably more related to your PC, then to the game. Drivers need update, video AND sound, or something else.. Who knows, there's many things, what can affect this. For starters I'd check with DXDIAG utility the possible issues between Windows, DirectX and drivers, after that I'd get new drivers, for video and sound both, and after the update of drivers, run DXDIAG again, to check again if all's OK. Want more extreme? Uninstall NWN, re-install and re-patch, who knows, maybe some crash somewhere, somehow, messed something more up then you would have guessed. Oh, save the chars if you do re-install (tho I haven't yet checked where it saves the chars, haven't had the need)...
Old 09-02-2002, 09:51 AM   #3
Saltheart Foamfollower
Manshoon

Do make sure you have the most current version of the game engine by updating thru the main menu...

The latest patch corrects several server/multiplayer issues that arose thru the 1.21 patch (English version)...
Old 09-02-2002, 10:18 AM   #4
Chewbacca
Zartan

Are you using windows 98? Thats been my culprit all along.
Old 09-02-2002, 01:07 PM   #5
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I noticed one thing that will make a Multi game crash is when the game is being saved at the same time somebody is coming through a door and the area is loading. Now, I keep the auto-save off and I warn everybody before saving, just to get a head count. If I do not get 100% response that everybody is ready to save...then I wait.
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote