Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2003, 07:36 AM   #11
Radek
Red Dragon

A rogue cannot join any guild in Valeia. A rogue can join only the Thieves Guild - and the nearest Thieves Guild is in Ishad N'Ha. In the other words, a rogue is a seriously handicapped character in W&W. I do recommend reworking the party: delete the rogue and replace it by a warrior. Make the warrior a barbarian ASAP. A barbarian can do everything what a rogue can do, including later joining the Thieves Guild, and he is much better warrior with much less restrictions than the rogue.
Old 01-02-2003, 07:41 AM   #12
Olli Kalma

I have two warriors, two wizards, a priest and rogue...
I haven't train 'em... I'm waiting that they get some levels before training to specific role.

I might have warriors to train into something, but haven't decide into what role.

But wizards can stay wizards, so they get good spells ( 7th level )
Don't know what to do with priest and rogue.
I don't like idea to get rid of rogue now...
Old 01-02-2003, 03:41 PM   #13
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

When you say "train", do you mean train at the guilds or level up?

If you're talking about training at the guilds, start as soon as you can. Every time you go up a level, you get a new set of chances to train and you lose the old ones.

If you're talking about levelling up, do it as soon as possible (assuming you've trained). If you go up six levels at a time, you can only train once, for a total of five chances. Level up one at a time, and you can train each time, for a total of thirty chances. If you consider those as free stat points, every primary stat can be at 20 in short order.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 07:40 AM   #14
Olli Kalma

I mean that I haven't train them into any special role like paladin, warlock, monk...

Every time I get level, I head into town and buy some training
from guild masters...

I just wait to get my party into level 10 or near that, before I start to train them into elite role.... So I have now two 4th level fighters one rogue (don't want to loose him) and two wizard and one priest...

I'm still thinking witch role I get to my party...

Mayby priest will become Paladin first
first warrior into barbarian
and other into ranger
wizards into warlock

but well... still... don't know yet!
Old 01-04-2003, 09:56 AM   #15
oldmurph
Elite Waterdeep Guard

have you tried to enter all possible chars into each guild? have them enter for a class with multiple guilds, enter the guilds and then drop the class advancement or return them to original class advancement. may cost a bit, but allows them to lvl up and train in each guild and won't disallow them any skills
Old 01-04-2003, 10:37 PM   #16
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Actually, the first role change I'd suggest is warrior to Barbarian. You're still a fighter, but you have the chance of getting lots more hit points.

As for spellcasters, I try to keep them in their class until they've gotten the level 7 spells. They can't learn them as easily later on, but the lower level spells can be learned quite easily.

Rogue? Don't know. Don't use one anymore, especially since you learn to pick locks as a barbarian. I'd move him onward and upward ASAP.
-+-+-+
Old 01-04-2003, 11:14 PM   #17
oldmurph
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I was wrong in regards to mages. for them, avoid joining any guilds other than the Wizards and advance them only as worlocks until they gain all stone spells. don't think any other class learns them. once you abandon that realm, no more stone spells will be available. at least that's the way I did it. wizards concentrated on stone till worlock, then vine and spirit, sun is available through samurai, which all my chars eventually become. Rouges are agreeably a moot point, as thier skills can be carried by barbarians and later ninja.
Old 01-05-2003, 12:30 AM   #18
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

Barbarians have the advantage of getting the biggest hitpoints. There is no advantage in not making your warriors barbarians asap. Try to keep them as barbarians for as long as possible to get the most hp.
With your wizard, he must stay a wizard until he gets the level 7 stone spells or he will never get them.
You priest should stay a priest until he gets his level 7 spells then move on asap.
If you dont want to just delete your rogue park him in the inn & use him to store excess money & items. A barbarian makes a good rogue that is better in a fight. He can get into the thieves guild & train in as much rogueary(is there such a word, Bungleau) as you like.
Remember that you dont need 6 in a party. I wouldn't use more than 4 myself. My current party is 1 wizard tiger.
kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 10:40 AM   #19
Olli Kalma

Yes, well this is my seacond game so I'm little confused when it's time to choose some role...

oldmurph: why didn't I learn vine or spririt spells by samurai?
I was only able to learn sun spells...

kev: I was able to learn 7th level stone spells by some other role than just wizard. Don't remember was he Bard or something, but he learned stone spells even I changed his role before.

Now I don't know should I train my priest into Barbarian or Paladin.
My fighters are góing to be Barbarians. I just let that rogue hang with me... I know I should take fighter and train it into B, ASAP....

I might to drop that rogue out, but not before other person learn to pick a locks....

Until then... I inform you guys later what results I ended up!
Old 01-05-2003, 11:06 PM   #20
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Here's the scoop, Olli...

Once you learn a school of spells (like stone or fire), you can continue learning spells in that school until the end of the game (or until you've learned all available spells). So if you started as a wizard, you can continue learning stone spells (assuming you learned stone magic) in any other class. What you can't do is learn a new spell school unless the class you're in can learn it.

For example, your samurai can learn sun magic only. So a cleric moving to samurai can add the sun spells to his or her repertoire. But they can't add stone magic until they become a zenmaster or valkyrie.

There's a catch. You learn spells in other schools at half your normal level. So your new samurai can learn spirit and vine spells up to half his or her level, while he can learn sun spells at his actual level. There's an exception to this exception -- zenmasters and warlocks always learn at their actual level. There's an exception to the exception to the exception -- you can't learn level 7 spells in an "off" school until you get a 14 in sorcery, which you can only do as an enlightened zenmaster.

So, to answer your questions: if you went from Wizard to Samurai, you learned no new spells. If you went from warrior, priest, or rogue to samurai, you learned sun. You won't learn spirit again until you are a paladin, monk, valkyrie, or zenmaster, and you won't learn vine again until you are a ranger or zenmaster.

As for learning seventh level stone, it should only be with a warlock, zenmaster, or valkyrie. Leastways, that's what they tell me! I haven't actually tested that out to the point I'm completely satisfied with it. Maybe Missy will do that soon...
-+-+-+