Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2003, 05:51 AM   #1
Zaleukos
The Magister

Edited & Condensed:

I am playing BG2 + ToB, multiplayer, fully patched and with fixpack. Brought Yoshimo with me to Spellhold where he betrays me at the beginning. After whacking my way out of the dungeon I release Tiax & co to help me. Then the weird thing happens:

Yoshimo didnt participate in the fight but just stood there watching, and after the fight he approaches us and asks if he could join!!!! If we reject him he'll just stand there and wait for us to invite him again. Thats quite a nerve on his part considering his earlier betrayal...

I tested having him rejoin for a short while, he seems to function as a normal npc at least in Spellhold. And the character that is booted out for him automatically goes back to the Copper Coronet.

Is this a bug? Could it be related to me letting Yoshimo rot at the copper coronet until just before going to Brynnlaw? How can i check out the associated "quest status" variables if it is?

[ 10-19-2003, 06:04 AM: Message edited by: Zaleukos ]
Zaleukos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 05:55 AM   #2
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

It is suposed to be that way. You always fight you copies.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 06:01 AM   #3
Zaleukos
The Magister

Thanks How about Yoshimo, is he supposed to just ask to join the group again?
Old 10-19-2003, 06:11 AM   #4
Sonic
Zhentarim Guard

You shud be happy joshi is a quit good thief,i would let him join the party.
Old 10-19-2003, 07:15 AM   #5
Link
Jack Burton

STORY PLOT SPOILER!
~
~
~
~
Yoshimo is under a geas by Jon Irenicus, as we (all?) know. We also know that a geas is a very advanced domination type spell: you still control your own body, but if you disobey the orders given to you, you die. The third thing we know, is that Jonoleth escapes the scene; he is still alive, and still 'geas-ing' Yoshi . Therefore the only logical conclusion is that this is indeed a bug: Yoshimo is supposed to die when he opposes to his own master (i.e. sides with the protagonist, and goes after Irenicus).
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 07:58 AM   #6
Faceman
Hathor

PLOT SPOILER
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
1. Yoshimo betrays you
to Irenicus as it was planned
2. Yoshimo apologizes
because he has grown fond of you but can't change sides because of the geas
3. Yoshimo attacks (with a group of assassins)
after Irenicus has fled because he still is under the geas
4. Yoshimo dies
and you pick up his heart. Maybe you can lift the geas now and give him peace finally
-
After all that Yoshimo is no longer available as NPC
Old 10-19-2003, 12:09 PM   #7
Sonic
Zhentarim Guard

You know whye he picked to gaze Joshimo?? *Answer= Cous he had the smallest brain and couldnt resict vs Irenicuses spell.
Old 10-19-2003, 02:33 PM   #8
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by Sonic:
You know whye he picked to gaze Joshimo?? *Answer= Cous he had the smallest brain and couldnt resict vs Irenicuses spell.
You mean brain like in intelligence or wisdom? There is a difference between those two you know.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2003, 06:51 PM   #9
Mr_Krift
Zhentarim Guard

i think it was a joke....
Old 10-20-2003, 02:51 AM   #10
Zaleukos
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Faceman:
PLOT SPOILER
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
1. Yoshimo betrays you
to Irenicus as it was planned
2. Yoshimo apologizes
because he has grown fond of you but can't change sides because of the geas
3. Yoshimo attacks (with a group of assassins)
after Irenicus has fled because he still is under the geas
4. Yoshimo dies
and you pick up his heart. Maybe you can lift the geas now and give him peace finally
-
After all that Yoshimo is no longer available as NPC
Thats what I expected to see, but 3 and 4 doesnt happen, instead he just offers to join again (the dialog seems to be the same as what u would get if u dismiss him and pick him up again in the copper coronet). I just read in another post that this is an occasional MP bug Sort of sad as it is a nice plot twist. Frankly MP seems quite buggy even with all patches and the fixpack, we are having problems with NPCs attacking us when they should talk (the game locked itself up in a cutscene with eternal combat betweeen our party and a certain rebel prince, preventing him from reaching his destination and giving a speech thanking us for our assistance).

Does anyone know if it is possible to set a default value for the multiplayer flag "Pause on dialog" in baldur.ini? It is freaking annoying to have to reset this all the time, and having to run to the other machine to read dialog is no fun either