Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2004, 07:23 AM   #1
Randall
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi, just picked up the game recently (not sure why I left it so long!) and I find it incredibly frustrating that you can't have a character equipped with with a one handed weapon and shield in one quick slot and a 2 handed missile weapon in another quick slot. I have been not bothering equipping a shield so that I can just change from melee to missile weapon using the quick slots.

It's ages since I played Icewind Dale 2 but I'm sure you could do this in that game and it automatically unequipped your shield when you switched to a 2 handed weapon and equipped it again when you equipped your one handed weapon.

Is there a mod for BG2 that replicates this behaviour?
Randall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 08:51 AM   #2
Link
Jack Burton

Not that I know of, no [img]smile.gif[/img] I think you should just learn to live with it

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 11:04 AM   #3
Shadow015
The Magister

Well, there is one mod that lets you play BG2 in the IWD2 engine. If you really can't stand switching, you can always try that.
Old 09-10-2004, 03:34 PM   #4
Moon-Child_Lman
Drow Warrior

Also do you really think that in real life u can have a one-handed weapon and a shield and switch to a bow (which is two-handed) while having the shield?Nah, isn't possible and yes if i remember corectly u could do that in IWD2; but IWD2 is somewhat diferent from BG2 dont u think?
Old 09-10-2004, 05:14 PM   #5
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Moon-Child_Lman:
Also do you really think that in real life u can have a one-handed weapon and a shield and switch to a bow (which is two-handed) while having the shield?Nah, isn't possible and yes if i remember corectly u could do that in IWD2; but IWD2 is somewhat diferent from BG2 dont u think?
*carries one handed weapon and shield*
*sheathes one handed weapon*
*wears shield on back on some sort of rope thing made especially for shields on backs *
*draws bow*

Its possible

Edited: Missed some info out

[ 09-10-2004, 05:17 PM: Message edited by: Ivelliis ]
Old 09-10-2004, 05:34 PM   #6
Hank Parsons
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
*wears shield on back on some sort of rope thing made especially for shields on backs *
Edit that: *PUTS* shield on back on some sort of rope.

You must put the shield away, in the game, if you want to free your shield-hand.

NOTE: You can equip a sling in one hand, with a shield in the other. You don't need the shield hand free to operate a sling.
Old 09-11-2004, 01:39 AM   #7
Moon-Child_Lman
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Hank Parsons:
You can equip a sling in one hand, with a shield in the other. You don't need the shield hand free to operate a sling.
Yes, i knew that, but a sling is one-handed and a bow is two-handed. In the real life u have to use your bow with two hands and a sling only requires one hand, and if you are smart u can have a shield in the other hand for better protection [img]tongue.gif[/img]