Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2004, 06:51 PM   #11
Albromor
Mephistopheles

I second the "heighth" thing. I don't know what it is but it sure can paralyze me. I was at a convention a number of years ago and they put me in this corner room on the 17th floor. The windows went from floor to ceiling and I wouldn't and couldn't go anywhere near them. Also, to make matters worse, the hotel was totally open inside with the rooms surrounding it. I couldn't bear to walk near the railing as I hugged the corridor's one wall. And to top it off the elevators were open glass looking out upon the spacious and very open courtyard.
Old 03-04-2004, 03:01 AM   #12
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Dron_Cah:
What is "glassed?" I'm kinda confused on the mean of "mental" ex, as well. Do you mean she is nuts, or that she is imaginary??
Glassed - having a beer glass smashed in your face.
Mental - insane
Old 03-04-2004, 03:15 AM   #13
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

cockroach.. yeah.. they are the worst.. brr..

Catch me if you can..
Old 03-04-2004, 10:57 PM   #14
Nerull
Lord Ao

Let's see...I second the lightning and tornado fears; bad storms here tend to get me nervous, as heavy lightning or even a stray tornado is not too uncommon.

Also, I do not like spiders, scorpions, wasps, or other stinging/biting bugs like that. Any bug gets a reaction (except for ants or roaches, for some reason), but those types get the worst reaction (and considering the big ones we get around here...). I hate (not fear) flies. Real pet peeve of mine to be eating and have a fly buzz my food.

I also do not like very tall objects (i.e. skyscrapers, steep mountains, etc.). It mostly bothers me with skyscrapers than anything else. It is only when at the base and looking up; I can be a little ways away and it doesn't bother me. It even bothers me on especially clear days when I look up into the sky (straight up) and it just seems so large and expansive. It really sucked living near New York City, and when walking between skyscrapers being nervous and having to try to ignore the buildings and look at ground level.

Fear of death, of course. I would say pretty common. Thinking about it too much bothers me, though.

Wow, didn't realize I had accumulated that many phobias!

edit: Oh, and harleyquinn, I had a similar experience. Walked out of my house after a very heavy rain, and right by the door was a huge (over a foot long) black millipede (hairy and nasty looking). That got the reaction out of me, too.

[ 03-04-2004, 11:00 PM: Message edited by: Nerull ]
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Old 03-05-2004, 02:42 AM   #15
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Drowning, I have an incredble fear of drowning. Also kinda a fear of hights, I have no problems with aircraft and rides etc, its the act of climbing up high sort of thing that gets to me.
Old 03-05-2004, 08:12 AM   #16
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Night Stalker:
Harley, you can't find it anymore because it took it's costume off! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Abby probably ate it though .....
You're probably right about Abby. She is a strange one!!
She refused to let me sleep last night, she just wanted to play fetch FOREVER!!
Old 03-05-2004, 09:53 AM   #17
Skippy1
Elminster

Great White Sharks!! Or any large Sharks for that matter! Was sitting on the beach once years ago at Noosa Heads watching some blokes surfing. Saw these shadows swimming through the waves behind them and almost had a heart attack when I realised they were sharks. Used to do a lot of spear fishing down south of Wollongong. The last time I went I was in about 40 foot of water. Spyed some quite large fish scrabling around on the bottom. Up-ended and started to head down, had just drawn the hand-spear back ready for a strike, when this shark swam underneath me, grabbed a chunk out of one of the larger fish, and cruised off. Never swam so fast in my life. This thing was huge! In the water it looked to be about 10 to 12 feet long. Allowing for the magnification effect under water, it was probably more like 6 to 8 feet. Enough to still give you some grief. To this day when swimming in the water, even a Lake, I'm freaking out quite a bit.
Old 03-05-2004, 10:25 AM   #18
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Being bitten...AHHH! just thinking about some vicious little vermin sinking its fangs into my flesh makes me want to curl up into a ball and suck my thumb as I rock back and forth...my toes are wiggling in protest right now....

Is that what you really want to say?