Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2002, 09:15 PM   #1
Mr Flibble
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok, I have been given the fake eggs from both Phaere as well as Soolafluffernutter (can't remember his real name at the moment [img]smile.gif[/img] ) and I am going into the Egg room to switch them... here is where the trouble begins.

I have cast Sanctuary on Viconia, and send her in to do the switch. As soon as the doors are opened, the guards at the door to the Egg Room turn hostile - no problem, so long as the don't attack and turn the other guards against me. But, about 5 seconds later, while I am crossing the room around the golems, they suddenly say I have violated their sanctum (or something like that) and it turns the ENTIRE city against me...

I have no idea why this isn't working for me. I am not attacking ANYTHING, just opening the door and walking across the room. All my other characters are over by the front door to the Temple.

So, any other ideas on how to accomplish this OR any insight as to what I am doing wrong is appreciated.

I have the ToB patch installed, but not the Balderdash one I see a lot of references to.
Old 09-24-2002, 10:52 PM   #2
pcgiant
Symbol of Cyric

When the door opens, the egg guards immediately turn hostile.
Making sure no other guards see you, kill them both.
Old 09-25-2002, 06:13 AM   #3
daan
Silver Dragon

yup . .leaving the two hostile guards alive isnt a very nifty idea.
After all, they saw you violate the sanctum ...
Old 09-25-2002, 11:12 AM   #4
Mr Flibble
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hmmmph, I thought that was what Sanctuary was supposed to take care of while engaged in my Criminal Egg Activity. Oh well, thanks for the hints!