Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2001, 09:08 PM   #1
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

A while ago, I was walking down a cemetery near my college.

It was essential for my artwork and I had a digital camera with me to take some pictures.

I took about 64 or 65 "snaps", and loaded them individually into my PC so that I could draw sections later on.

It has been a while now, but I had a feeling today, I decided to browse through them again to see if I actually needed them on my hard drive anymore.

I went through each one, until I reached this picture...............

I FOUND THIS:

PS:

* I have done NO editing with ANY paint shop program or indeed did ANY modification to the picture.
* I have never realised this until now.
* It is impossible to duplicate the same effects (look how the mist curves over the grave!)
* It was a sunny day.

Can this be explained?
Can someone tell me that it was just a dream, please.

Is it me, or can you guys see it too?

Help me, Wah doesn't like being scared

------------------
Old 06-10-2001, 09:10 PM   #2
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

OK..
Now I'm not gonna sleep...

------------------
Old 06-10-2001, 09:10 PM   #3
Moni

Unless you were smoking a cigarette, there is no logical explanation.

Don't be afraid of it, its dead.

Moni

------------------

Old 06-10-2001, 09:12 PM   #4
BladeMaster

Yes Wah. I can see it and you better be very afraid cause it is going to get you. Baahaahahaahahaaaaaa.

Just kidding.

I don't how that happened.

------------------
Do you TIRE of MORTAL LIFE so much that you SEEK to end it at the HANDS of

http://www.angelfire.com/rpg/evermeet

Old 06-10-2001, 09:13 PM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

There is always the chance of there being a random stream of smoke or haze that gets caught in front of the camera, and that can never be ruled out.

However, knowing the Kirlean photography (photograpy of the spirit world and of unseen magnetic fields) is done on a regular basis, it's quite possible that you did photograph some unseen or etheric energy field.

Based on the photograph, it's hard to tell either way. Normally, Kirlean photography must be done with special equipment and under a controlled environment, but under a very powerful manifestation, it could occur in a normal camera setting.

Whatever caused it, it's a fascinating effect, and should not be a source of fear for you.

Old 06-10-2001, 09:14 PM   #6
Charean
Hathor

As much as I love ghosts and things...looks like a sprinkler system 'cause the stones are wet...

But you get something genuine, let me know.. I could tell you stories that are TRUE, that would make your hair stand on end.

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Goodness knows there is a lot of Dark out there!! - Where are my matches?!?
Wandering Soul - Finding my life's calling is Bodhisattva
Looking for lost brain - I left it only for a moment....and there it goes... rolling under the table!!
Noticing that the Light has gotten further down a Dark Tunnel than expected... Time to get the Lantern... Knowing sooner or later - I will get to the End of this Tunnel to the Open Air once again...
Old 06-10-2001, 09:15 PM   #7
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

I hate you guys!!

C'mon it's 2:00am in the morning over here! It dark outside and the last thing I need is you people giving me the chills!

------------------
Old 06-10-2001, 09:18 PM   #8
Row Firecam
Dungeon Master

Yikes, that is hella cool

------------------

Keldorn's Younger brother

[This message has been edited by Row Firecam (edited 06-10-2001).]
Old 06-10-2001, 09:19 PM   #9
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
There is always the chance of there being a random stream of smoke or haze that gets caught in front of the camera, and that can never be ruled out.

However, knowing the Kirlean photography (photograpy of the spirit world and of unseen magnetic fields) is done on a regular basis, it's quite possible that you did photograph some unseen or etheric energy field.

Based on the photograph, it's hard to tell either way. Normally, Kirlean photography must be done with special equipment and under a controlled environment, but under a very powerful manifestation, it could occur in a normal camera setting.

Whatever caused it, it's a fascinating effect, and should not be a source of fear for you.

yes Sazerac, I have heard of "fakes" that can be reproduced by double exposing the same "bit" of film to different sceneries. But this is only possible with NORMAL cameras - I used a digital one with Smart Media cards so is impossible to have done that effect.

------------------
Old 06-10-2001, 09:19 PM   #10
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Charean:
As much as I love ghosts and things...looks like a sprinkler system 'cause the stones are wet...

But you get something genuine, let me know.. I could tell you stories that are TRUE, that would make your hair stand on end.

I could, too, Charean...I've seen and experienced a lot of what most would classify as "paranormal phenomena."

However, I rarely have felt a sense of fear about such things...more of awe and wonder. Unless it's a very dark or malevolent energy (and you will feel such things, believe me, if you are the LEAST bit sensitive!) there's nothing to fear.

Sometimes the effect is just an energy imprint, sort of a psychic "tape recorder". Wood and stone seem to be good receptacles for this sort of etheric energy, and I notice there's a LOT of wood and old stone in that picture.

Curious!