Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2001, 12:04 AM   #1
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

I'm playing my second time through...
First time was a good-aligned party, Main Char was a Half-elf Archer.
Most of the game, I'd leave my party at the entrance of the map, and clear the area alone.
The final battle, my Main Char gets Confused immediately, and runs around like a dufus, my party gets WIPED...
When I come to, I'm alone against the world. I figure, "Why not?" and start to run around , shooting arrows of Dispelling, followed by arrows of Biting and Piercing...
Before I realize it, I'm alone against the Slayer. It takes forever, but I basically run ahead of him, turn, shoot, run and repeat. I finish the game.

Second time through, I figure, may as well go solo...
Same basic character, but this time a full elf (bonus in long bow, long sword, resistance to magic and sleep)...
So far, no problem... I just came out of the Underdark and am going to face Bohdi for the last time...
Here's my problem.
I'm trying to roleplay this as well as I can...
Since I'm an elf Archer, I have all my profs in Long bow (5), Long Sword (1), Dual Wield (natural 2) , Katana (1). I don't think that an elf would ever use a blunt weapon, so no mace, flails, or hammers. Now the difficulty should be getting clearer.
no Mace of Disruption for the vamps, just Arrows of Piercing for my first attack, and dualing my Daystar and FlameTongue for melee. It worked the first time, we'll see against the higher level vamps.
The problem is Suldanesslar and the TON of golemns there...
I'm not worried about the Black Dragon, or the Slayer in Hell.
The vamps and the golemns... I'm wracking my brain to figure out a solution to the problem I've laid out for myself...
Any advice that fits in these parameters?

------------------
The RudeDawg
Known in these Forgotten Realms as Perin LightEyes
Old 04-10-2001, 12:07 AM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Just curious, how do you take out the clay golem in the several encounters through out the game if you don't use blunt?

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 04-10-2001, 12:12 AM   #3
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

The Tao of Brave Sir Robin....

"Run Away !!!"

At first, I was trying to kill everything, then I realized that soloing in truest form to the character would be MUCH more satisfying than using a high-level weapon that I shouldn't...
A ranger has the "Stealth" skill, combined with the Boots of Speed, I usually sneak by the golemns, grab what I need, run out the room and slam the door in their faces! (Golumns are too dumb to open doors)
It's been MUCH more challenging to do things in the limits I've set.

------------------
The RudeDawg
Old 04-10-2001, 12:15 AM   #4
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Ah, I see. Too bad they don't have a bow that does crushing damages. Have you consider the katana Celestial Fury? That can be a good weapon to switch with Flametongue depending on the type of creature you face.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 04-10-2001, 12:19 AM   #5
sirgwayne

RudeDawg,
I like your attitude and the way you play.Really gives a different perspective
on things. I would guess if it were really just one person the just of it all
would really be survival! And I do believe you would not fight, literally
everything you came up against. I think thats definately another way to approach
and play this game. I may have to give that a try sometime "when I have alot of
time" HAHA!!

------------------

Walk lightly my friend.

Old 04-10-2001, 12:24 AM   #6
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

My Quick Weapons are : slot 1 is Heartseeker (+3 longbow, armed with Arrows of Disruption, Piercing, Biting, or +2 depending), slot 2 is Celestial Fury, slot 3 is Daystar and FlameTongue is in inventory waiting to dual wield.
I also use Cerebus and the Iron Horn of Valhala, and Health potions in my Quick Items slots.
I've got some scrolls of Restoration in my Bag of Holding. The rest of my inventory is full of arrows.
I'm going to face Bohdi after I've watched last nights episode of Futurama...
about another 20 min or so...

------------------
The RudeDawg
Old 04-10-2001, 12:25 AM   #7
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by RudeDawg:
My Quick Weapons are : slot 1 is Heartseeker (+3 longbow, armed with Arrows of Disruption, Piercing, Biting, or +2 depending), slot 2 is Celestial Fury, slot 3 is Daystar and FlameTongue is in inventory waiting to dual wield.
I also use Cerebus and the Iron Horn of Valhala, and Health potions in my Quick Items slots.
I've got some scrolls of Restoration in my Bag of Holding. The rest of my inventory is full of arrows.
I'm going to face Bohdi after I've watched last nights episode of Futurama...
about another 20 min or so...

Cool, good luck with the slaughter. She deserves it!

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 04-10-2001, 12:39 AM   #8
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

It's actually taking a LOT less time than the first time I played...
Since I don't split exp points, I level up QUICKLY. I already know where the weapons, armor and itmes I want are, it's just a matter of getting them...
I have done a few things just to see if I could...
Twisted Rune was hard, but I did it...
Obviously got Celestial Fury from the locked building (someone called them the Slave Lords, but I never saw a lable or quest for them), but by stealth , speed and a well-aimed arrow I defeated everyone in there...
Shadow Dragon (wanted the Black Dragon Scales for my armor, the best leather armor in the game) was hard, and my info shows Firkraag as my hardest enemy vanquished...
Seeing that 100% in the kills and eperience fields in the info make it worthwhile...

------------------
The RudeDawg
Old 04-10-2001, 04:15 AM   #9
white heron
Manshoon

Thats cool.My Mage/thief(multi-Elf)took on the 'slave lords'on his own also,with some stealth,spells,and crossbow i would lose them in the dark back rooms and pick them off one by one.
-Arrows of disruption? what are they?

------------------
"You,...You wouldn't hurt a Gnome would you?"
Old 04-10-2001, 04:40 AM   #10
Gd_00
Dungeon Master

u can buy Rod of smithing in Ust Athala
1d6(or maybe 8) +10 to golems (must make saving throw or be inst. killed)
or take Korgan with CrF (if u rn't playing with a dwarf)
How did u (if u did)killed leech or Irenicus (without Death ward)