Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2004, 10:42 PM   #1
Riceball
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm inside the Source Stone and inside the innner sanctuary where you encounter the two corrupted dragons. My character is a 1/2 elf rogue with a couple levels of ranger, I'm using a +2 scimitar that does flame damage and I have Linu with me. What I'd like to know is if there are any tricks to killing those dragons? I've tried throwing everything I have at it, including death magic (finger of death & phantasmal killer), and nothing seems to work, they just shrug off any magic I throw at them. I can't hit them hard or fast enough to do anything and that frelling silver dragon is always knocking me down then doing all kinds of damage to me while I'm down.

I have the amulet that give bonuses against reptillians but I can't use it against the dragons because I need the Amulet of the Elf that I'm wearing to protect from their fear aura. I do have a pretty decent magic crossbow but its awful slow so I can only get one shot off before I have to move.
Riceball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 11:48 PM   #2
Riceball
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Never mind, managed to kill them both by 'cheating'. I hid behind the rocks by the door to the next chamber and they just sat there while I shot them full of crossbow bolts.

Now all I need to do is to figure out a good way to get rid of Morag's hands so I can get down to business.
Old 01-02-2004, 12:43 AM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Well then...at least let me welcome you to Ironworks!

I see you have been a member since 03/Dec.

I hope to see you around more often!
Old 01-02-2004, 02:45 AM   #4
Riceball
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the welcome but i've actually been around for a bit longer than Dec. I only registered recently but I've been lurking for a lot longer.

Now that I'm registered I'll certainly be spending more time here since I plan on getting Unrentide and Underdark.
Old 01-02-2004, 05:25 AM   #5
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Welcome to IW.
I thought the dragons were easy, Morag's lot killed me in ten seconds. They are evil cookies.
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 03:01 PM   #6
Riceball
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The dragons were pretty tough for me since I kept on getting knocked down and then trounced on once I was down. That's why I had to rely on the old exploit the AI pathing cheat and pick at them leisurely with my crossbow.

I do have to agree with you on Morag's lot though, those hand guys of her's were tough. It took me several tries to take them out and it wasn't until I managed to work it so that I only took on one at a time that I managed to beat them. Morag herself, by comparison, was easy. I was actually able to take out 2 of her little guardian/immunity cronies to make things easier since it allowed me to take full advantage of my flaming scimitar.
Old 01-05-2004, 12:56 PM   #7
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
How many levels of ranger, if I might ask?

Here is also a time where you might think angry thoughts to yourself, like, "Why can't I ask Linu to memorize creature summoning spells?!" That's how my sorc got through it... but you're stuck here, aren't you? Any good items to speak of? I do hope you have lots of potions.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 05:50 AM   #8
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

actually the dragons were a pain-in-the-a$$ .. but here is a cheesy way to deal with them . since i just finished the game awhileago (like 30min ago)

spoils followand a chessy tactic(s))

Im a lvl 5 druid, level 1 cleric and level 15 shapeshifter with mage as a companion (actually i made a mistake here because it was suppose to be my fighter companion to bring inside the source stone but didnt get to have the chance when i accidentatly teleported myself right away to NWN after the chapter. anyway back to the story.. i tried literally everything with the dragons with all of my shapeshifting abilities.. but they just made mincemeat out of me.. and my mage? well lets just say he was the aftercourse dinner. [img]tongue.gif[/img] . then i tried combinations of potions since im very limited with my spellcasting, but still no avail. then i saw my solution.. NOte: wear greater belt of swordplay. easy? thank goodness i kept one in my pack. so they only damage me like 1 -2 hp once in a while i just hack away with pleasure.. plain and simple.. [img]smile.gif[/img] of course healing myself as well if my hp become too low. what about thier breath attack? well im kinda resistant and just heal myself to it.

as for morags companions.. since i could not rest, my shapeshift is nearly out of juice.. my buff spells were gone.. still have a couple of healing potions.. thats about it... so first of all i did nearly the same thing with morags fighters at the start wear something that im immune to thier damage.

So first i blinded (darkness spell) one of thier fighters, took out the other figher quickly then did the other.

note: the one dual wielding is using piercing damage, or just use archers belt, and the one using the great axe does slashing damage so put it back to swordplay belt. and for the rest [img]smile.gif[/img] you know what to do.

of course it took me a while just to figure that out and alot of reloads as well. since shapeshifting allows you to use darkness (drider or dark elf).

oh yeah, morags other minions just uses blunt damage so just protect yourself.

i did finish the game using my socerer once (long time ago) with no companions and spells nearly out.. thank goodness i had scrolls and wands.

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote