Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2004, 08:02 AM   #1
mabax the killer dwarf
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hello everybody. Having a problem that I've never run into before, thought some of the genius type people out there might have some insight.

Started another new game (seems to be a reoccuring theme). Everything seemed to be progressing nicely. Done a bunch of quests(umar hills,thieves,jaheira stuff)started working for Aran Linvail , went to see poor old mook.When the little "scene" thingy between her and lassal happens the game shudders and gronks to a halt.

"Assertion failed ChVidImage.cpp at line number 1921
.BAM is corrrupted(get Frame()failed)"

Now, I would normally think something I have done since the last time I played through had obviously fragged the game code. But I haven't done any thing different
except install the NPC flirt packs. I do have a few other weidu type mods installed
but I have always found them to be fairly bug free(relative...everything is relative now people).

Any thoughts? before I reinstall the game..........again..........and again...and..
Old 01-11-2004, 08:22 AM   #2
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion
Try cleaning the disc.
Jaradu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 09:13 AM   #3
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

doesnt sound like a "clean the disk" type job. I dont really no that much about these types of errors, but Il have a look anyway.
Old 01-11-2004, 09:19 AM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Did you install the patch and fixpack before the mods?
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 11:44 AM   #5
Arias De'Minal
Manshoon

I've had this happen to me, Im not sure what it is, but I had to erase all of my saved games and re-install it. Sorry for the bad new but thats all they would tell me.
Old 01-11-2004, 03:16 PM   #6
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
... I might know a little about this, in case it comes up again.
I'm a self-taught item, spell, creature, and area editor/creator. I've gotten a similar message when I try and enter an area or cast a spell... I would guess that the "Beholder Bolt" animation file/BAM is corrupted, damaged, or missing. That's the animation they use when Mook is killed. Did it freeze right before he killed her? As in, crouching down to cast, and halting right there?
I realize you "solved" the problem but I'm just sort of curious.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 05:10 PM   #7
mabax the killer dwarf
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Sorry it took me so long to get back.
I fixed this problem by un-installing the "unusual oddities" magic shop mod. For some reason installing it corrupted the BAM file( I'm no programmer,so thats just my opinion).It offered some fairly overpowered items, but the shopkeeper was a demon, pretty cool.