Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2003, 08:13 PM   #1
Sythe
Ra

WARNING: This topic may contain spoilers.

My favorite:Icewind Dale trilogy
Why?: Great story a lot of adventure and I mean a whole lot of adventure.

2nd Favorite: Dark Elf Trilogy
Why?: I learned a whole lot about Drow society. The third book I feel Salvatore was rushing through it.

I don't like much: Cleric's Quintent.
Why: Good guys over powered and (Major Spoilers about the entire trilogy) Vander with his regenraiton ring can never die, Danica seems unstoppable, Cadderly received power of a 20th level priest in a short mount of time. Dwarven druid thing seems a lil silly. When I was at the last book I was unhappy I almost threw the book down but then when Rufo turned into a vampire I was happy. For the first time in a long time I wanted the bad guys to beat the good guys. I detest uber characters.

(Spoilers countinued)
The first book was the only one I really liked when they defeated Banjin. Second book in Shilmista was worst. Third book hated it more than my school's cooking. Fourth was ok now fifth was almost as good as the first one but still a little corny.

Those are my opinions what are yours?
Old 05-22-2003, 08:23 AM   #2
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

My favorites are Homeland (1st in Dark Elf Trilogy) Sojourn (2nd) Siege of Darkness, and all three of the icewind dale trilogy, and Servant of the Shard.

least favorites, Spine of the World (he didn't do that great a job with Wulfgar, aside from keeping him from being uber), Passage to Dawn, and Sea of Swords (dear lord was this book awful)
Morgeruat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 10:36 AM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

My favourites would have to be the Dark Elf Trilogy, the Icewind Dale Trilogy, and the Legacy of the Drow trilogy. The later offerings haven't been up to the same standard, particularly Spine of the World and Sea of Swords. I hated the Cleric's Quintet - it seemed like something he wrote in his spare time.

The Thousand Orcs was actually quite good - he's starting to recreate the feel of his Icewind Dale stuff.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 02:03 PM   #4
Lord Killjoy
Manshoon

Starless night is his best book hands down. Adventure, intrigue, and great characters.
Old 05-27-2003, 03:41 PM   #5
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Icewind Dale trilogy.

I still haven't been able to get my hands on a copy of The Thousand Orcs, dammit...
Old 06-06-2003, 06:14 AM   #6
Spirits forever

DARK ELF TRILOGY ALL THE WAY!!!!
Old 06-08-2003, 09:04 AM   #7
Sneeki Two
Dungeon Master

Dark Elf Trilogy is my favorite series.

Artemis Entreri is my fav character since Salvatore did the book about him (can't remember the name of it now). Most of Salvatore's characters are a bit on the perfect side, but Artemis has some serious issues to work on. He is basically a bad-ass thats slowly aging past his prime. I would love to see him and that other dark elf (another interesting character that I won't name) he's with get into some adventure. Now those adventures could get interesting, seeing that their moral values are almost nonexistent or more skewed toward the practical and monetary side.

Just my two.
Sneeki Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 01:31 AM   #8
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I've only read the IWD Trilogy. I thought the second was the best of all three, and I feel he rushed the third. I can't remember the first to well, but I was hooked on that as well.

I don't really like Drizzt for the sake of him being who he is. Bruenor was OK, and Wulfgar seemed like he could be an interesting character.

I'm a halfling person, so I was a little disappointed how Regis was portrayed. He's either a coward or cocky, not what I'd pick as personality traits..
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 05:57 PM   #9
Sythe
Ra

Nano when you mean the first one is it about the origons of Drizzt? Legacy of the Drow was OKAY. But Icewind Dale was the best or "I am a bearded gnome" [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 06-09-2003, 10:38 PM   #10
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Well, considering I've only read the IWD Trilogy..
BTW, Sythe, is that your sig? You realize that's way too big.
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote