Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2002, 06:39 PM   #31
vesselle
Hathor

ROFLMAO!

i can just hear it now! the HLL puts out an APB re: some crazy Psion on the Arnika/Trynton Highway who's assaulting innocent spiders and stealing their silks!
they might not be sure if it's a Monk with Psionic abilities or just a straight Psion, so they tell everyone to watch out, just in case, cause those hands and feets could be lethal.

V***V
Old 01-12-2002, 07:07 PM   #32
Jodmos
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi all, Im new here and want to give my 2 cents about the item and silk thingie.
The first time I played the Game I had no Samurai on board and Antone sold a NoDachi ( cool 2-hand weap for Samus ), i had no feary and found at least 1 spidersilk when fighting a group of Spiders ( Widowmakers droped them everytime ).
I ended up having tons of spidersilk.
Now i have a feary and Samurai in my Party and couldnt find one stinking piece of spidersilk so far and Antone just dont have the NoDachi, no matter when I check him or how many times I reload.
I heard the same thing now from differnt people, it seems if you have a char in Party who can make use of a certain Item, the dropchance of that Item would be "switched" to rare.
Im level 19 now, and my Samurai still wields a lousy enchanted Katana.
Great game overall, but its "Itempolicy" sucks.
Old 01-12-2002, 11:52 PM   #33
Moni

Jodmos,
I personally think it is all a matter of timing...getting where you need to go on time in order to catch the items, i.e. if there aren't venom crabs on the beach when you first crash-land there...look for them when you come back with the wheel key...same for having poison seekers in the upper monestary...get to Trynton asap after your arrival in Arnika for the Spider Silk and Spirit Staffs, etc. etc.

I had a Samauri in my first game as well as a Monk, a Ninja, a Lord, a Bishop & a Mage...(all human)...they had all the top weapons and armor for their classes (with the exception of the Muramasa Blade for the Samauri...got the Bushido Blade for the Ninja in *that* chest instead)...somewhere in the game, you'll find Demonsting and Fang...two decent weapons that you can replace the enchanted Katana with...(I THINK the Samauri can use Fang!)...also available for a secondary weapon is the enchanted wakazashi and later, the Canezou Daggar...a Samauri can kick tail without that enchanted Katana.

P.S. I've seen the No-Dachi in both my games...it helps to save before you talk to Antone since he could have a slightly different choice of items if you re-load...also...once you go through the list without reloading...the items will remain the same for 24 game-hours...another (bothersome) fact...if you don't buy up the crap ammo (arrows and bullet stones) and stash them in some chest you'll never get into, they just keep piling up...you can sell them back in bulks of 100 but the next day there are more LOL!
I hope this helps you out.

[ 01-13-2002: Message edited by: Moni ]

[ 01-13-2002: Message edited by: Moni ]

Old 01-13-2002, 07:44 AM   #34
ryu
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i arrived to the trynton at lvl 15-17 (bah, samurai+monk level so slowly) and got spider silk after the first encounter with giant spiders;
thus far i got all items needed for custom items except for parts of monsters i've not met yet (not been in severeal areas)
good luck
Old 01-13-2002, 10:04 AM   #35
Vaprakgruumsh
Drizzt Do'Urden

Well, I have not played in a few days, so hopefully those spiders have stored up their spider silk for me, and are just willing to hand it over. [img]smile.gif[/img]

However, when I do get the silk - ya know what? I will still need those dern staffs off those tree spirits or whatever... (sigh)... if it's not one thing it's another. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-13-2002, 02:46 PM   #36
vesselle
Hathor

~~vap~~

we're in the same boat! i need both of those thingies, still. i am doomed, i tellsya, doomed.

at least, i am in fine company

V***V

PS: have ya noticed how no one who's offered help has commiserated with us? or offered condolences?
well, except for the princess
instead, they all just say "work harder" or "you're not doing it right". hmmm. buncha gloaters.

[ 01-13-2002: Message edited by: vesselle ]

Old 01-13-2002, 04:19 PM   #37
Moni

Well, now I have found myself with a dilema.
I killed Don Barlone last night and got the Cane of Corpus.
My fairy is a fighter/valkyrie...just so I could use the fairy armor that Antone makes and the doll clothes later on but if I remember correctly, a fairy ninja wouldn't be able to wear the armor or the doll clothes if she turns Ninja on us...still no spider silk either but at least, coming down from the Rattkin tree, the game is loading Widowmakers as oppposed to the silkless Vile Spiders. What to do, what to do.
I guess I finish counting to ten (reloads of the Trynton Upper Branches...I'm on 3 lol) and give up if I can't get any by ten?
What am I saying...I can't give up!

The worst part is that I have to go back to school tomorrow and game time will be limited to Tuesdays, Thursdays and weekends...AFTER I complete my housework, laundry and cooking duties!
Old 01-13-2002, 04:49 PM   #38
Vaprakgruumsh
Drizzt Do'Urden

My theory?
No need to complete housework, laundry and cooking duties! Let it clutter till someone in the house gets tired of it! Let laundry pile till people trip over it and run out of clothes! And let people starve till they just go and learn to cook! All that time, play Wizardry 8, till you find out the secret to spider silks (I believe everyone who has gotten one here, is pulling my leg! LOL!), and then post the secret on how to get it!
Old 01-13-2002, 04:53 PM   #39
Moni

LOL I tried that and it doesn't work...it just gets me into trouble since it is my job

I'll keep doing the reload of the area while I have time left today and post if I have any success.
Old 01-13-2002, 05:30 PM   #40
Vaprakgruumsh
Drizzt Do'Urden

Well I am going to go back and kill Don, so I will be back in Tyrnton anyway - gonna hunt me some spiders. [img]smile.gif[/img]