Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2002, 11:06 AM   #1
TYTONK
Elite Waterdeep Guard

What weapon does everyone use for their bishop? My bishop is my main spell caster, so melee is not her primary objective. I would like a good extended weapon for her, but have not found anything yet. She has the Winter Wand and the Light Shield as primary and Wrist Rocket as secondary. When we get in some of the lesser battles I feel she wants to get her whacks in, but can't from the back row. And you know there is nothing worse than a frustrated female Bishop!
TYTONK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2002, 11:52 AM   #2
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

Think the 2 best ones are either the staff of doom or
vampire chain, both are extended. Not sure if faeries can use them though, pretty sure they can use the staff. I like the vampire chain, can use a shield with it and you can train early on with a bullwhip (think there are 2 in the monastery).
Old 03-27-2002, 02:19 PM   #3
Solomon
The Magister

I second Gimli. The Staff of Doom is a great weapon. Also, in my latest go-round, I avoided the Vampire Chain and used the whip and then the cat o'nine tails. That worked just fine, too.
Old 03-27-2002, 09:54 PM   #4
swavek
The Magister

if you were early in the game, i'd suggest the bullwhip otherwise the vampire chain. being that the spellcasters frequently get picked on and don't have as many HP's as other classes. for those that aren't familiar with the vampire chain, however much damage you do to another monster you're healed for just as much. plus, it has a good chance of sucking out a lot of stamina thus inducing a KO which is always a plus.
Old 03-28-2002, 01:21 AM   #5
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Early in the game, the Ebon Staff is pretty good, and it's not cursed.

The Staff of Doom is very good, but being cursed, rather limits ranged attacks.

The Cat o' Nine Tails and Vampire Chain are also good choices, though it takes awhile before you can get either one of them. Neither is cursed, so you can use your wrist rocket for ranged attacks.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 01:29 AM   #6
ice3
Drow Warrior

I have just a sling in case my Bishops are to lasy to cast spells. But the best weapon for a bishop is: MAGIC!

Nothing better, you shouldn't try to turn your bishop in a fighter. No use. Magic only!!!!
Old 03-28-2002, 01:36 AM   #7
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

But i think to get that "Vampire Chain" is a litte difficult to get because of the "Bat Vampire Wing" you must get...to make it, after playing the game 6 times i got 1 wing But the "Ebon Staff" is pritty good and The Cat o' Nine Tails.
Megabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2002, 03:39 AM   #8
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

Sigh, all the best weapons, especially the ranged ones, you get towards the end. Might as well concentrate on magic.
Old 03-28-2002, 04:03 AM   #9
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Or simply picpocket the Holy Basher from Antone - has a good KO percentage and does reasonable damage.
Old 03-29-2002, 02:17 AM   #10
otter
Elminster

i use the lower monastary as an arena for the first few levels, it generates enough vamps that i get a few wings. Just make your last shot really big. It is vampire bats, not bat vampires.
otter is offline   Reply With Quote