Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2003, 08:24 PM   #1
moiraine sedai
Zhentarim Guard

Has anyone tried the mods? Like project Auril? Is it worth downloading?

I guess I want to know what it adds (specifically) because the info on the download page is quite vague...

I have HoW installed... Do you need it for any of the mods?

Finally, what are your opinions on them?

(Sorry about all the questions... )

Thanks in advance,

Moiraine Sedai
Old 10-31-2003, 09:12 AM   #2
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

I have had a chance to run the two mods and I have to say I like Project Auril the best, it provides some extra challenges, and battles so makes the game slightly tougher. Besides the extra battles there is one extra quest added to the game. It provides some really great items near the begining. The elvish armor is expensive but worth the purchase. HoW is required for this mod. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

The Winters Bane mod is nice but it doesn't add anything to combat so it is almost not worth installing. It does give some extra spells and nice items but if you are not playing with TotLM I really would not bother adding it as Project Auril is the better mod. With Winters Bane there is a piece of elven armour to be found in Dragons eye but it is a little on the heavy side. It says it weighs 5lbs but it is more like 70lbs (a bug). HoW is required and works with or without TotLM.

[ 10-31-2003, 09:19 AM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 08:01 AM   #3
moiraine sedai
Zhentarim Guard

Thanks for the swift reply, pritchke!

It doesn't matter what order I install them in, does it? I might check out Winter's Bane first, then Project Auril... That way, it's a build up to the good one

It shouldn't take me that long on dial up... I'll do it tonight!

Thanks again,

Moiraine Sedai
Old 11-01-2003, 02:20 PM   #4
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

What about Trials Of The Luremaster?
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 10:22 AM   #5
Lymond
Manshoon

Xen,

Trials of the Luremaster isn't a mod, but a full expansion. There was a lot of disappointment when Heart of Winter was released, because it's so short. They responded to that by creating another expansion, which they offer for free. There have been some posts recently about where you can download it.

It's a self contained expansion that offers some new equipment, challenging puzzles, and some great fights. I highly recommend it.

Lymond
Old 11-16-2003, 11:16 AM   #6
Sir Tunstall
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Could you possibly find a link and post it?
Sir Tunstall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 02:22 PM   #7
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Tunstall:
Could you possibly find a link and post it?
Totlm
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote