Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2003, 10:43 AM   #1
teardropmina
Drizzt Do'Urden

Finally, I finished, for the first time, the Baldur's Gate saga, from BG1 [with TOTSC], to SoA, and conculde the long searching for the destiny of the god-child in the throne of Bhaal.

In this run, I determined to play this epic following the "core story" I imagine that's roughly in the gamemakers' mind. The Gorion's ward travel through the sword coast with Imone, Jaheira + Khalid, and Minsc + Dynaheir. We're the most affected group in the shadows of Amm...the god-child and Imone strives to find their souls back while Jaheira and Minsc look for vengeance (though Minsc would like to buttkick any evils anyway). In the second stage of the saga, we rescue Aerie and Mazzy who accompany us to the end of the journey. Aerie becomes Minsc's new witch, and Mazzy encouges Aerie and all of us in this long journey.
Yet, the god-child's story is also a love story, one that show sign in the sword coast, realized in Amm, and call a final decision that the god-child has to make in the end. Jaheira and Khalid come to help us because of their association/friendship with Gorion, but it's not so simple, Jaheira and the god-chid are destined to be more than just comrades. When we met Entillis Fulsom in the great city of Baldur's Gate, he hinted us with this destined relationship, since his old pal Elminster only care about giving us more important, bigger-in-scale, hints.
So what the god-chid should do when Solar asks him to choose the paths to end his searching for destiny? God-child is a true netural person just like Jaheria, and he, just like Imone, would want to have a life of his own, not party of divine struggle. The god-child cannot abandon his mortal comrades and Jaheira...probably also not self-righteous enough to assume the good god status nor willing to venture to become a new god of murder. Even the rightous Mazzy has doubt with divine power...in the divine struggle, who's to say right or wrong? we're mortals, and will remain to be so.

*this is a very satisfying experience, both roleplaying and powergaming wise. In the original saga (non-moded SoA and ToB), we're indeed among the deadliest force. However, the standard final battles in both SoA and ToB prove to be too easy; yet, I'm not good enough to survive the improved version (could get through the final battle in hell with an extremely cheesy tactic, but the ToB Ascension...couldn't even survive Irenicus, Bodhi and the improved fallen one in the beginning [img]tongue.gif[/img] ). Maybe I can do better the next run which I shall pay more attention to powergaming. And I'll do it in a much better way...the BGT
Old 09-18-2003, 06:34 PM   #2
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

congrats [img]smile.gif[/img] I went through TOB and BG2 several times and found it very satisfying I'm looking for bg1 in some bargin bins around here but no luck yet
Old 09-19-2003, 01:06 PM   #3
teardropmina
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe:
congrats [img]smile.gif[/img] I went through TOB and BG2 several times and found it very satisfying I'm looking for bg1 in some bargin bins around here but no luck yet
thanks!

where do you live? if you're in the states, from Amazon.com, you can find people selling brand new BG + TOTSC package for arund $15 (plus shipping and handling). I don't know whether they'd ship outside the US.

gnitsop [...] ydobon tsuj [...] smees ecnis [...] pots ereh
Old 09-19-2003, 03:26 PM   #4
Link
Jack Burton

Congratulations! I still need to finish off Sarevok before I can actually beat the Baldur's Gate 1 saga, but when I do, and when I've finished TotSC I will probably uninstall Tactics Mod and try and beat Shadows of Amn with my paladin [img]smile.gif[/img]
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 02:23 AM   #5
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Congratulations! Now play again with Ascension and Tactics installed. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote