Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2003, 03:21 AM   #1
kartetse
The Magister

In a fight she just starts shooting bolts at the foe instead of doing the cheerleading bit, y'know to spur on her comrades to acts of heroism. Should I take away her weapons or remove her AI script or what? She's ignoring me flat.

PS. Sorry NobleNick, the 'BARD' (in capitals) was an effort to illicit your response

kartetse

---------------------
do da do, kick da goo and stay outta da zoo...

[ 11-10-2003, 04:44 AM: Message edited by: kartetse ]
kartetse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 04:02 AM   #2
moiraine sedai
Zhentarim Guard

Kartetse...

Remove the AI script. They might be helpful, but they can frequently stuff up your idea of what the combat should be like. I mean, you should be the one 'playing' right? Not the computer...

As far as I know there is no AI script that makes use of the bard's special song ability, in IWD or HoW.

Hope this was what you were after. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Cheers,

Moiraine Sedai
Old 11-10-2003, 04:55 AM   #3
kartetse
The Magister

One of the Mage scripts has got the bard in brackets after it, but, y'know, Moraine S, I think you're right. I'll just take off all AI - I was playing to much in a 'real-time' sense, I've only recently started to hit the pause button regularly...
Yar well, so we grow...and grow...and grow...UNTIL WE BECOME THE BIG TIME...HAR...HAR...

(Aitsch...I must be enjoying this, right?)

kartetse

---------------------

[ 11-10-2003, 04:56 AM: Message edited by: kartetse ]
Old 11-10-2003, 07:47 AM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

You can give your Bard the NONE AI Script while the rest of your party have basic scripts.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 07:56 AM   #5
motub
The Magister

Before you take off the AI, you might want to try the "Smart Scripts". They seem to be included with the Winter's Bane mod, but you can also get them separately from this page. They really are pretty smart, and make keeping the AI on a real possibility.

Hope it helps.
motub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 01:02 PM   #6
NobleNick
Quintesson

kartetse,

Yeah, I just run with A.I. off: Got tired of the computer screwing up my battles. There were times I thought things were going great and then my eyes would bug out at the sight of someone breaking ranks to dive into the middle of a group of nasties that I had just told two spellcasters to fire ball. Ugh! The "I" in "A.I." is a real misnomer. And rolling your characters with high INT don't help none....

What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 01:53 AM   #7
kartetse
The Magister

Bugger A.I.! I've just this morning finished a nasty battle with only one character getting hit once, while using pause and obedient characters - y'know the sort that doesn't wander off into to Azzanacie's Scorcher while my mage is ripping the guts out of the opposistion

Ahhh...'love it when a plan comes together.

Now, I want to thank my mother and my father and ... and NobleNick and Pritchke and Moraine Sedai and all the other nice members of this forum ... for all helping to win this Oscar...

kartetse

---------------------