Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2002, 07:59 PM   #11
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

Hail Mistral!

Deciding Your Location...

Being human leaves you open to many starting places, but certainly not all. You should stay West of the organic Peaks of Dragons. You tendancy to be a quiet loner could leave you in a secluded town, but your worship would not be as supported in some of the Western villages...

Mistral, your tale begins in the village of Eastway. This place is generally serene, but it lies between some of the busiest cities East of the Bulwark River. You would probably be more comfortable in a more secluded place like River-Rest to the South, but your religion can only be supported here. Traveling to the West side of the river would mean living in a city or being tossed around for being a mage. So here you are, stuck in Eastway. If anything could be said for the hamlet, it does have a nice view. On the horizon to the South are the taciturn and forboding Peaks Of Dragons. Your villages closest neighbors are dwarves. North is the town of Erikay, which was founded by dwarves, and underneath the mountains are the halls of even more bearded folk. To the West is the city of Evitan, and the ferry that could take you across the Bulwark. To any of these three places it is around 2 and a half days of walking. You live primarily in Eastway so that you might offer what you could to your god Ciretose. Though Eastway only offers a small shrine to him, it suits you as being out-of-the way. There are a few mages like you in Eastway, but it can be assured the norm traveled to the Westward cities. You hear there is a most grand temple complex to Ciretose in the city of Nearsessi, but you also hear the lakeside settlement is close to Grella Castle. Anything that is neighbors with royalty must be haughty. Your home lies bitterly in the Southeastern corner of town. It's as far as you can get from any bustle. It lies close to your shrine, and this leaves you content. You rarely travel from this corner of town unless you are buying food. Even traveling across town you probably miss some things. Many people in the village don't know who you are. If you sought to increase your magics, you might journey to the library in Evitan, but civilization seems to repel you. Who knows, maybe something will urge you forward?

I think you use your tear-ducts more than your brains or your brawn queen of the soap opera! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 01-16-2002: Message edited by: Killing Spree ]

Killing Spree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 08:27 PM   #12
Holy Knight Delita
Manshoon

~-Lance Dragonhart-~

~Gender: Male
~Race: Human
~Class: Wizard Slayer
~Alignment: Nuetral Good
~Diety: Liatramo
~Profeciencies:
-Halberd***
-Bow*
-Two Handed*
~Physique: A Slender human, fairly muscular but it doesn't show, 163 lbs, Dirty Blonde Hair (Blonde & Brown), Green eyes. 26 years old.
~Personality: He has a good temper when people are messing with him, but quickly loses his temper when defending his family or friends honor, etc. he loses his temper, He is a good person to be around, ussualy has his wits about him. Not really outgoing, but he doesn't keep to himself like a hermit.

This looks like it'll be cool!!! Fun Fun!! Look forward to playing!

OOC>>> This statement has been removed due to stupidity, (A word of advice, don't stay up to late, you start typing stupid stuff )

[ 01-18-2002: Message edited by: Holy Knight Delita ]

Holy Knight Delita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 08:39 PM   #13
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

quote:
Originally posted by Killing Spree:
I think you use your tear-ducts more than your brains or your brawn queen of the soap opera! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 01-16-2002: Message edited by: Killing Spree ]

True enough in OEW at least, I'll grant you that Let me know if you want less drama and soap operas, Spree... I'll try to oblige... if you'll believe me... [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] ... just don't regret your decision once it's made [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Oh, and how does this thing work when it really starts? I suppose you'll give clearer instructions later.... and I'll be waiting for 'em!
mistral4543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 08:44 PM   #14
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

Hail Skye!

Being so charasmatic and of such a wide-spread race leaves you with many opportunities. Your tendancy to wander could leave you so far as The Peaks Of Dragons, but your bardic talents would make you miss the city...

Skye, your tale begins in the metropolis of Rhykatam. Though you choose not to worship the deity this city is named for (Mesrhy), Rhykatam is generally a bard's paradise. It's huge, bustling, and in the middle of everything! Rhykatam is on the Western side of the Bulwark River. It's closest neighbor is the Castle Grella itself, and its high towers on the sunset have been the inspiration for many a ballad. A short walk Northwards is a bridge that would lead you to the trinity of Khalidin, Karamikay, and Serinaquei. Walk over this finger of the Bulwark and you'll find yourself within two hours of either Khalidin and Karamikay. If you decide instead to travel West, the marvelous Lake Eharra awaits you, as well as Talever, the so called 'city of change'. The road to Talever is about 4 days however, so you would likely stop in the learning keep of Nearsessi. This settlement is only a little under a day away. In spite of the many religous venues in Rhykatam, you choose to remain atheist, and people respect you for that. Sometimes perhaps the elegant temples might prove as inspiration as well. Mesrhy has a most gargantuin complex in the center of the city, temples are dedicatied to Tereniti and Myathea, and there are small cornered shrines to Conlea, Elek, and Taryt. Overall the feeling of the city is jovial and happy-go-lucky. Bards are the primary class in this city, but there are also many warriors, priests, and rogues of all kinds. You make your home as close to the center of the action as possible. When you are short of coin you sing or tell tales at one of the city's four taverns. Namely 'Griffin's Nest', 'Spear's Tavern', 'The Golden Barrels' and 'The Strutting Stallion'. You know your way around better than almost anybody else in the city, and there's a general admiration and respect for you.

I mourn the loss of your draconic friend. Maybe you can compensate for his absence and find a new companion? There's a yummy bard in Talever, he's almost as tasty as a cinnamon pop-tart. ROFLMAO.
Old 01-16-2002, 09:03 PM   #15
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

Hail Lance!

A human fighter most definately dosen't belong in the realms of dwarves and elves. The god of war is worshipped somewhat sparsely until you move to the middle. His middle-of-the-road personality would also work with this middle ground...

Lance, your tale begins in the city of Croshent. Croshent is a middle latitude city along the Western edge of the Bulwark River. It is well-populated, but at the same time rather alone. It's closest neighbor is the Castle Grella, and so many warriors make their homes here. It is a somewhat dangerous location, as it is surrouned on all sides by elements. To the East is the Bulwark River, to the South the Passage Forest, and to the West the dreaded desert 'Red Silence'. Croshent is about a day and half's walk North to Rhykatam, and so caravans always hit it. It is also a crucial trading partner with the Southernmost hamlets of Marrowni, Karaci, and Herafaline. There are three Gods worshipped in Croshent. One is your god Liatramo. Another is Veseer. And the final god seems rather out of place- Yiralih. Somehow the gnome population made itself comfortable in this middle-ground. Overall though, the human fighters and paladins outnumber the gnomes significantly. This city seems at times a pen for all the King's soldiers. Your home is in the Northeastern corner of town, near the road to Rhykatam. Croshent is a beginning, but most youths clear out for adventure as the place is rather dull...

I was going to pick out an NPC to hit on you, because I adore green eyes (just ask Mistral), BUT then you made that little joke and now I'm questioning your sanity.
Old 01-16-2002, 09:21 PM   #16
Holy Knight Delita
Manshoon

Your questioning MY sanity? alright then Cinnamon Pop-tart! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

G'night, ill post tommorow.
Old 01-16-2002, 09:58 PM   #17
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

Well, i dunno, i would question it... ;-P but then, i question mine also, haha (and mostly likely the majority of the people on this site, lol) ^_^ btw, you stole my hair colour, you, you, uh, hair... colour... stealer..! ;-P and you dont want to know the ironicnes(sp?) of you picking "Lance" for your name, hehe. ^.^;; dont ask, you really dont wanna know..
Hm, yummy you say? in Talever? well, i guess i better hurry over there as fast as i can. ^.~
im well known AND have respect? wow, usually if im well known,im not respected, cuz people are scared im gonna accidentally blow them up or something! lol ^_~ jk, jk... (er, no comment from the peanut gallery on this, especially grinch, and those from LS's bar or ORT Building) ;-P
if i still had my dragon partner, would i have been able to go to the city in the Peaks Of Dragons?
speaking of which, are we going to start, or are we waiting til we get more people, Killing Spree? ...erm, since ive rambled so long, im gonna be quiet now... ^_^;;
Old 01-16-2002, 10:06 PM   #18
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

[img]tongue.gif[/img] That Lance guy is bad news. Hair-color-stealer and a pop-tart-hater. Can it get any worse? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

G'night ya'll. See ya... Er... Tommorow afternoon... I dunno... 'Pends on if I feel better tommorow. (Stayed home sick to-day.)
Old 01-16-2002, 10:16 PM   #19
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Im in

Race: High Elf
Class: Bladesinger (Fighter/Mage)
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Proficiencies: Katana:++++, Two Weapon Style: +++
Character’s Personality: A young, newly promoted High Elven Bladesinger who is very proud of his elven heratige. Slim yet very strong and very dextirious, quite smart but not very wise and is very charismatic. Loves to have fun and get right in and fight with and against the best warriors.
Physical Description Of Character: reasonably tall for an Elf, slim like most elves but has a fair bit of muscle, blonde/brown hair, firey red/green eyes .
Name: Glorfindel
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 10:41 PM   #20
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Sure took me long enough to get here! I had...er...business elsewhere...but alas! I am here...Now, I know very little about playing anything except a human. I would want to know everything about a dwarf before playing one...for the realism of it. Maybe another day. Until then, it'll have to be human...

Race: Human
Class: Rogue (thief)
Alignment: Neutral
Proficiencies: **Short-sword, **Dagger, **Short bow, **Staff
Character’s Personality: He is a con-man, a big talker that tries to manipulate a situation into his desire. He has been thieving since his early years on the streets, and cares little for anyone that he knows. Is attracted to fine women, but no commitments.
Physical Description of Character: 5'10", Dark brown hair, Green eyes, slender, physically toned well enough for what his life deals with.
Name:Murdock

[ 01-16-2002: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]

Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote