Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2003, 06:05 PM   #221
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Greetings Tyra! How are you today? Aeris smiled. Hey Tyra. You look a bit bored. Me and Aeris were just going to go rest and do some sparring. Would you like to join us?
Old 02-22-2003, 06:17 PM   #222
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Tyra smiled, "I'd love to learn how to spar... but I don't know the slightly thing about swords... besides... I wouldn't like to cut someone open... a quaterstaff would be nice. Clubs... arn't my style. Perhaps you could teach me to use a quaterstaff Lord Aeris?" she asked, "Or perhaps you, Lord Malar?" she waited for a reply.
Old 02-22-2003, 06:20 PM   #223
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Malar smiled. I'd be happy to show you how to , I was the weapons master at House Kencer. I just don't know where we would be likely to find 2 querterstaves at the moment... Malar shrugged. Do you know where we could get any to use?
Old 02-22-2003, 06:22 PM   #224
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

She looked thoughtful for a moment; "Perhaps the armoury Lord Malar? Or perhaps you could have a weaponsmith carve a couple for us?" she aksed shyly.
Old 02-22-2003, 06:29 PM   #225
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Question Mark

Yes yes that might work..Let us go ask a guard where the armory is located. They all walked throught he estate and cmae upon a guard. He pointed out to where the armory would be and they made there way to it. Aeris opened the door and they looked inside. There were weapons and more weapons. Armor and everything a warrior would need for an adventure were in that room. Take a pick Tyra. There must be a quertersatff or two in here.
Old 02-22-2003, 06:31 PM   #226
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Tyra chose a quaterstaff, made of oak, and on a whim, took a longbow; a composite one, alternating layers of oak, ash and yew, and would an sting, and strung it. "I'm ready, can we go now?" Malar noticed she hadn't picked any armour out...

*edit, added another wood to the bow*

[ 02-22-2003, 09:19 PM: Message edited by: Calaethis Dragonsbane ]
Old 02-22-2003, 06:36 PM   #227
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Aeris had started ging through the armory and found 2 more oak querterstaves and tossed one to Malar. Lady Tyra. You might just want to pick out some armor for yourself. I've been known to get a little wild during a spar. Hehe. Aeris rubbed a sore spot on his arm. A little ?? Pfft. Yea right. Malar shot a humorous glance at Aeris and turn to Tyra again. Come now Tyra. Select a suit of armor and come with us.
Old 02-22-2003, 06:57 PM   #228
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Tyra made a face, "Metal's too heavy for me... maybe a suite of studded leather? Anything beyond that, I doubt I'd manage..." still after several attempts of looking and trying them on, she found one which fitted her snugly. "I'm ready" As an afterthought, she donned a pair of guantlets.
Old 02-22-2003, 07:09 PM   #229
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Question Mark

Malar smiled and knodded. Okay we're all ready so let's go. Malar led them to the practice room. Hestood in the middle of the room and motioned for Tyra to come foward. We should first learn basic staces and movements. Try and copy what I do. I'll start off slow. Malar started his movements and made sure Tyra was doig the same. He started off the basic stances such as defending and attacking. He was ammazed at how fast she was learning so quickly. He started showing her how to attack with a quarterstaff-jabbing,thrusting,tripping,two handed blowd,using both ends to attack foes. Malar smiled at her. You are truly one of my best students!
Old 02-22-2003, 07:14 PM   #230
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Tyra smiled shyly and asked, "Perhaps I could spar with Lord Aeris? And Lord Malar could watch and tell me if I'm doing all right? Please?" still shy, she fingered her staff. It was a nice weight. "Please go easy on me? I'm not used to fighting." Stepping into the middle of the sparring room, she waited for Aeris to take the other end. The two staff's clashed, the top of Tyra's right tip and the left of Aeris; Tyra slammed the other end up into the middle of Aeris's. He blocked, and with the right Tyra aimed a trip, then an overhead blow, before twisting the staff, forcing Aeris to lose his hold with both hands...
Closed Thread