Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2001, 05:12 PM   #21
Patriarch
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Fallout is a fantastic game. However, the combat system is slightly different, being turn-based and uses hexes for movements.
Old 02-06-2001, 05:13 PM   #22
Stealth Bomber

Personally I didn't enjoy it as it is a very hack'n'slash no-brainer, but try Diablo 2. I liked IWD but missed the depth of BG2 and the NPC interactions. It is fun playing your ideal party though. If you like clever 1st person shooters like Half-life, try Deus Ex, as your main character is very flexible and can be upskilled as you want and both he and his weapons can be modified with high tech implants. Superb conspiracy plot too.

Old 02-06-2001, 05:14 PM   #23
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

You can't complete one of the quest without meeting a child and you can't be really evil and recive the c...dkiller reputation. (censored not to offend)
Old 02-06-2001, 05:19 PM   #24
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Ooops....double posted....
Old 02-06-2001, 05:19 PM   #25
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

For stress relieving, definitely play Diablo 2 (preferably on B.net or other multi-player section), it's really a click-n-kill game. But for 1st person shooter, try AvP (I know the graphics and engine is a bit dated, but single player and multi mode are great though)....playing as a predator hunting marines is just a blast!! Or biting civilian's head off with an alien.....or just be a mini-gunner marine......it also offer M-player support.

*sign*

Now I really sound like an info-mercial.
Old 02-06-2001, 06:22 PM   #26
"Hell Lich" Wah

Don't worry Charlie, hopefully that Neverwinter Nights will come quicker than we'd expect!
I'm waiting to place orders at electronic boutique!
Also try FF8 and diablo 2 because I found them really great. And you might not like this but how about a bit of call to power 2 (civilisation?)

Old 02-06-2001, 06:23 PM   #27
"Hell Lich" Wah

Hmmm.............

Old 02-06-2001, 06:40 PM   #28
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I didnt like Civ/Call to power. Played it 1/2 a time.Not even close to Civ2. It is a different manufacturer though Loved the others though. Charlie, you want Call to Power I'll send it to you or anyone else with all books/charts if anyone wants it
Old 02-06-2001, 06:41 PM   #29
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Have you guys tried Age of Wonders?
Old 02-06-2001, 07:04 PM   #30
Charlie
Lord Ao

Wow, this thread took off a bit, I thought it had sunk. If I'm honest I like the medieval kind of stuff. I'm not really into guns and things, too dangerous. Diablo 2 I've done, good game, hack'n'slash but not bad...mad cow level was mental.
Lord of Alcohol - What's call to power about? That's a really kind offer my friend...appreciated (are you pissed?)

If this NeverWinter Nights is out soon it may be worth hanging about for it. If I was to do BG1 TOTSC in the meantime (anyone done it...any good?) and my character is saved will it overwrite my bloke in BG2?