Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2003, 07:01 AM   #1
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

i got this from the email (as usual ) this was voted the womens favorite email of the year... read to know why

Women's Favorite Email of the Year.

A man was sick and tired of going to work every day while his wife stayed home. He wanted her to see what he went through so he prayed:

Dear Lord, I go to work every day and put in 8 hours while my wife merely stays at home. I want her to know what I go through, so please allow her body to switch with mine for a day. Amen.

God, in his infinite wisdom, granted the man's wish. The next morning, sure enough, the man awoke as a woman. He arose, cooked breakfast for his mate, awakened the kids, set out their school clothes, fed them breakfast, packed their lunches, drove them to school, came home and picked up the dry cleaning, took it to the cleaners and stopped at the bank to make a deposit, went grocery shopping, then drove home to put away the groceries, paid the bills and balance the check book. He cleaned the cat's litter box and bathed the dog. Then it was already 1P.M. and he hurried to make the beds, do the laundry, vacuum, dust, and sweep and mop the kitchen floor. Ran to the school to pick up the kids and got into an argument with them on the way home. Set out cookies and milk and got the kids organized
to do their homework, then set up the ironing board and watched TV while he did the ironing.

At 4:30 he began peeling potatoes and washing vegetables for salad, breaded the pork chops and snapped fresh beans for supper. After supper he cleaned the kitchen, ran the dishwasher, folded laundry, bathed the kids, and put them to bed. At 9 P.M. he was exhausted and, though his daily chores weren't finished, he went to bed where he was expected to make love which he managed to get through without complaint.

The next morning he awoke and immediately knelt by the bed and said, "Lord, I don't know what I was thinking. I was so wrong to envy my wife's being able to stay home all day. Please, oh please, let us trade back."

The Lord, in his infinite wisdom, replied, "My son, I feel you have learned your lesson and I will be happy to change things back to the way they were. You'll just have to wait nine months, though. You got pregnant last night."

Don't you just love it? Ü

[Voted Women's Favorite Email of the Year]

Catch me if you can..
Old 03-03-2003, 08:18 AM   #2
Thoran
Galvatron

It seems to me that these days the people I see and hear putting down homemakers the most are working women, not men. IMO this "email" is attacking a straw man. US government statistics indicate that women on average work 52 hours a week, men on average work 54. Doesn't seem to me that the average man would be overwhelmed by the average womans workload.
Old 03-03-2003, 09:43 AM   #3
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

This is more apropriate to maybe 1955. These days are diferent. Also, while I did stay home with the kids while Lady Aberdene worked for nearly a year after being DXed with MS, and have great respect for anybody who stays home to manage the house and family, you dont usually do all the necesary chores all in one day, everyday.

Is a funny loke though Hark.
Old 03-03-2003, 09:51 AM   #4
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Hm, i wonder where i fit in. I work AND do the household all by myself. Thank god i can't get pregnant though.
Old 03-03-2003, 10:17 AM   #5
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Hm, i wonder where i fit in. I work AND do the household all by myself. Thank god i can't get pregnant though.
Geez, there's only so much that can be expected from one man, johnny! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Old 03-03-2003, 10:24 AM   #6
Legolas
Jack Burton

Well, I don't know Johnny. Perhaps if you try hard enough...
Old 03-03-2003, 11:15 AM   #7
Jorath Calar
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Oh no... here is a scary thought...it could breed...

[ 03-03-2003, 11:15 AM: Message edited by: Jorath Calar ]
Old 03-03-2003, 05:45 PM   #8
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

kinda scary this one
Old 03-03-2003, 06:08 PM   #9
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

man getting pregnant? this is wierd. [img]tongue.gif[/img]