Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2002, 06:17 AM   #41
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by AliCat:
I think it has more to do with your self-image than anything. Might be handy if you are man-hunting or something, I suppose.
I never wear makeup, feel false with it on, and I think there are a heck of a lot of people in this world who look really stupid with it on, including some who obviously use it to enhance their professional image (and to me, lay it on a bit thick)
LOL, this is what I meant in my first post. The bias goes round the opposite way as well, in my experience.
AliCat, when I do wear make up, I don't get false all of a sudden, I don't hunt for men and I hope it doesn't make me look stupid either, just prettier [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Each to their own, I suppose.

A lot of women do seem to regard wearing make up as shallow or cheap (not you AliCat, a general observation [img]smile.gif[/img] ), I find that equally judgmental as people who condemn you for NOT wearing make up. A little make up doesn't make you a tramp and it doesn't make you look "unnatural". What the hell does that mean anyway? LOL, wearing *clothes* is unnatural if you think about it that way
Anyway, no I don't like the plastered look that some girls have either, but it's their choice, doesn't mean they're stupid or unintelligent.
Old 09-09-2002, 06:26 AM   #42
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
You're not hunting men Mel ? Then what are you doing on my streetcorner every night ?
Old 09-09-2002, 06:35 AM   #43
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
You're not hunting men Mel ? Then what are you doing on my streetcorner every night ?
ROFLMAO, you bastard
Ummm.... waiting for the bus? [img]graemlins/angelwings.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2002, 06:46 AM   #44
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
HAHAHA Got ya, there is no busstop there.
Old 09-09-2002, 08:22 AM   #45
Donut
Jack Burton

Moni, I would just like to say this is the most impressive thread title I've seen here in ages.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 09-09-2002, 03:40 PM   #46
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
Moni, I would just like to say this is the most impressive thread title I've seen here in ages.
Why, Thank You Donut!
But its the content that makes the conversation interesting!
The title could have been, oh "Make-Up Martyrs Make Up Marketers!"

So tell me, oh holey one...do you have any opinion on the subject you would like to express? Does the mascara run when your woman cries and does it make her look even more frightful than she would appear without the benefit of paints and polishes? What about her handbag? Does it always match her shoes?
What are the social implications of older women wearing short shorts and bikinis in your neighborhood? Do you have a neighborhood watch group that would rather pressure them into keeping their stuffings in an appropriate bag? Do the local bulldogs get riled when a woman with blue eye shadow walks by as opposed to a woman with green eye shadow?
Most importantly of all, do you give a rodent's rear about any of it? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Old 09-09-2002, 03:44 PM   #47
MagiK

From reading all this..I have but one thing to say!

Being a woman is waaaay too complicated

I appreciate all the effort you all go through to look good, wether it is for yourself or for our (us men) viewing pleasure [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-09-2002, 04:04 PM   #48
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
From reading all this..I have but one thing to say!

Being a woman is waaaay too complicated

I appreciate all the effort you all go through to look good, wether it is for yourself or for our (us men) viewing pleasure [img]smile.gif[/img]
And just think...we didn't once mention panty hose! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Old 09-09-2002, 04:58 PM   #49
Lord Shield

or knee high leather boots

Old 09-09-2002, 05:06 PM   #50
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Gee I've been missing all the fun! [img]smile.gif[/img] From a male perspective some make-up sometimes looks good. But it really doesnt influence me, just makes me wonder what they are hiding Plus kissing a woman with all that make-up on...well it doesnt taste too good lol
Moni what horror website did you get that scary picture from? Just teasing! I did like your deer-in-the-headlights analogy lol. I had a horrible yearbook pic that had the same look lol.
Someone posted about mom giving them a haircut. The one and ONLY haircut my mom ever gave me made me look like Sir Lancelot or something. And since my last name is Lambert I was called Sir Lambertlot for a month or so until I got it recut.