Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2001, 03:46 AM   #1
chutamango
Elite Waterdeep Guard

well..its odd...but when i start up TOB...it gives you the option to choose BG2 or TOB......not so odd there...only there are no letters anywhere on anything that has to do with TOB. Like now when i play a game...and try to scribe a spell to my book...and i already memorized it...all I get is this blank menu with a buttoin. No text. Rather odd. Also when start up...there is a blank menu tha has a continue button on the bottom. no wordseither. Obviously a glitch....id like to know if anyone else had this happen? Im on win2k btw...

chuta
chutamango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2001, 07:49 AM   #2
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hi!

I'd check out the Black Isle ToB Troubleshooting board if I were you. Yesterday PM the designers were saying that they don't officially support W2K, and others were having the same problem. They may have come up with a fix by now...

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Throntar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2001, 07:50 AM   #3
BlackAssassin
Zhentarim Guard

i recon BG2 has far too many bugs in it for the final design.

------------------
ShadowMaster of the Theives of Darkness.

[]####[]::::::>
BlackAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2001, 06:03 PM   #4
sunder
Zhentarim Guard

Ok, first, the no-text problem doesn't have anything to do with Baldur's gate, TOB, or Windows 98se or win2000.
The no-text problem has to do with patches that might have been downloaded from Baldurdash or other sites, expecially the English-patch that was suppose to fix dialogue and description problems.
These patches mess up the dialogue files in TOB, so If you see blank screens where the TOB/BG2 screens are, you aren't going to have text in any of your dialogue boxes in TOB.
The way to fix this is to UNinstall your BG2 and TOB files, then Reinstall them back (this way the patches won't be in the new install) I have personally run into this problem and fixed it this way.

The only problems you will run into that have to do with windows imcompatability are stuttering while walking and talking, and trying to talk to NPC characters and you cant because they are "busy" with something else.

And Baldur's gate and TOB doesn't have a ton of bugs actually, alot of little things but nothing major. All these other problems popping up are from downloaded 3rd party programs and playing the games on WIN2000 and WIN98SE, which are NOT 100 percent compatable with the games, as stated on the box system requirements.
sunder is offline   Reply With Quote