Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2003, 08:30 PM   #1
skywalker
Banned User

Anyone else see the trailer for this movie?

My exposure to this came from the comicbook of the same name by Alan Moore and Kevin O'Neill. It features literary characters as a group of heroes:

Alan Quartermain
Tom Sawyer
The Invisible Man
Jekyll/Hyde
Captain Nemo
Dorian Gray
And Mina Harker

It plays a bit differently...they made Mina a Vampire (she wasn't one in the comic)and put Quartermain as the leader (in the book Mina is in charge). They added Sawyer and Gray in also.

Still it looks good and I think it's neat to have these characters as action heroes. Hope it's as good as it seems.

Here's a link: http://www.lxgmovie.com/

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 10:26 PM   #2
Rokenn
Galvatron

Anything with Sean Connery is worth seeing in my book.
Old 05-14-2003, 08:13 AM   #3
MagiK

<font color="#f683ad"> The trailer and the info on each character is awesome. This will be another major hit this summer. Definately worth seeing I think </font>
Old 05-15-2003, 09:33 AM   #4
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

<font color = lightgreen>I wasn't too sure about this one, until I saw the trailer. [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img] It looks like this one will be a contender among the summer blockbusters. [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/erm.gif[/img] re: Mina Harker...didn't she become a vampire in the novel Dracula? I thought Lucy's friend had gotten turned, but I could be mistaken.

Another question: where is the other Extraordinary Gentleman who is both a literary character and would fit in perfectly with this group? Where is Sherlock Holmes? We know there were cases which Watson chronicled but never released, such as "The Giant Rat of Sumatra".... [img]graemlins/beigesmilewinkgrin.gif[/img] </font>

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2003, 01:42 PM   #5
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

<font color=skyblue>I had never heard of this until seeing the trailer for it. Would somebody please give me a synopsis of what it is about?</font>

[ 05-15-2003, 01:42 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 05-15-2003, 05:51 PM   #6
Tancred
White Dragon

The League of Extroadinary Gentlemen: kind of The X-Men do Pride and Prejudice.

'Everything with Sean Connery in is worth seeing', you say? Hmmm... I mean, the League of Ext. Gentlemen trailer is appropriately flashy and cool, but whenever Connery pops up a voice in my head is whispering 'Remember 'The Avengers'...'
Old 05-16-2003, 12:31 PM   #7
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

I quite enjoyed the Avengers, a nice pleasant campy movie that didn't take itself too seriously (also based on an old tv show (not marvels Avengers)
Old 05-16-2003, 01:05 PM   #8
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
<font color=skyblue>I had never heard of this until seeing the trailer for it. Would somebody please give me a synopsis of what it is about?</font>
It's based on a graphic novel by Alan Moore. He is the same writer that did 'The Watchmen'. Which I've heard they are trying to make a movie of as well, that one is going to be pretty hard to pull off [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-16-2003, 05:09 PM   #9
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

<font color = lightgreen>A Watchmen movie? That would be [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img] !

You know that Rorshach will have mass appeal, especially for those who like dark characters. </font>

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 05:32 PM   #10
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Azred:
<font color = lightgreen>A Watchmen movie? That would be [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img] !

You know that Rorshach will have mass appeal, especially for those who like dark characters. </font>
Did a quick google and found this update:
http://www.thezreview.co.uk/comingsoon/w/watchmen.htm

I have to say I am a bit disappointed they are thinking of changing the ending. It was a huge punch in the gut reading the graphic novel.

edit: oh and I think Terry Gilliam would be amazing as the director of this [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 05-16-2003, 05:33 PM: Message edited by: Rokenn ]