Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2002, 12:16 PM   #1
Kaltia
Jack Burton

SPOILERS
+
+
+
+
Alright, so i finished NWn, then, 'cos I'm a generous person, hated myself for killing Aribeth. I had a persuasion skill of 8, and a charisma of 18 (including nymph cloak +5 and potions of eagle's splender). I've read from other topics you can persuade Aribeth not to betray Neverwinter, just wondered what persuade/charisma did you have and did it only work if you were male and had gotten her ring in chapter two? I'm female, but I listened to her entire story in said chapter.

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Kaltia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 12:20 PM   #2
Lrd Feanor
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I just saved before I spoke to her and then tried twice before the links gave me sucess. I had a 10 Persuasion.
Lrd Feanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 08:19 PM   #3
Sythe
Ra

Ya know what I did I had the same prob 2. My Sorceror Chrisma 18 and perusasion um.....4. I bought the mask of um i forgot whats it called but it increases your persuasion by 5 and Chrisma by 1. You can buy it at your local Moonstone Mask!
Old 07-30-2002, 10:16 PM   #4
AndyG
Elminster

You can never persuade Aribeth not to betray Neverwinter. She always runs away at the end of chapter 2 and joins the bad guys. All you can do is listen to her sob story in chapter 2, get her ring. Then, in chapter 4, you defeat her and get her to surrender. Apparently, you need the ring or she'll refuse to surrender. You still have to fight her in either case.
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 02:13 AM   #5
Zateel
Zhentarim Guard

You should definitely save before that fight. The first time through, I *accidentally* killed Aribeth before she had a chance to surrender, leading to htat dialogue you mentioned. Okay, actually Linu killed her with a 9th level negative energy spell, did like 136 damage or something after I had weakened Aribeth some. There's nothing you can do to avoid fighting her, Persuade or otherwise, but if you are careful and don't *VAPORIZE* her, then you can persude, or mention the ring, if she gave it to you, and you have at least patch 1.20 (letting you keep the ring past Chapter 2).
Old 07-31-2002, 02:21 AM   #6
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Easiest way is to just to finish her plot line in Chapter 2 and keep the ring she gives you... then you dont need to persuade her at all
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 02:53 AM   #7
Tim Tam
Dungeon Master

My fighter/paladin used all my Persuasion/Charisma equipment and got Persuasion to 36. I was given 3 options to try and convince her to turn herself in, one with the ring, and 2 persuade options but I cant remember either of them.
Tim Tam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 10:22 AM   #8
Kaltia
Jack Burton

K thanks guys, you've all been really helpful [img]smile.gif[/img]

But one problem: I didn't get Aribeth's ring, and I got the entry "Aribeth's tale" in my journal under finished. I'm playing a female; can you only get the ring if you're male?

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Kaltia is offline   Reply With Quote