Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2006, 05:59 PM   #1
Dirty Meg
Baaz Draconian

I have made a mod for NWN. It is designed for a cleric type character. All the relevant information is on the page at nwvault. http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view...Detail&id=5120
Old 08-15-2006, 06:42 PM   #2
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Cool Will be sure to check it out.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:06 AM   #3
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Is it a roleplaying or a powergaming module? The description doesn't specify. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 06:47 PM   #4
Dirty Meg
Baaz Draconian

It is far more roleplaying than hack'n'slash.

The main character is a cleric (of Ilmater, Tempus or Auril depending on alignment). It only takes a couple of hours to play, but it is the first part of what will be a much longer series.

I hope somebody here is going to play it. I would be genuinely interested in peoples opinions. I've included all kinds of references and allusions in there, so I'd be curious to see if anyone spots them all.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:49 AM   #5
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I'd be interested in trying it out once I get passed the first couple of weeks of this semester at school so that I can actually have 2 hours to devote to it. I am willing to try it just because you mentioned the length of time it takes to complete. I'll assume you'd like feedback posted here once its been played through?
Old 08-27-2006, 07:31 PM   #6
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

I will be right on that the moment I get my own personal computer back up and running.
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:01 AM   #7
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Per our discussion in Undermountain; I went and downloaded your mod, and have started playing it. It does seem, as you said, that some of the ratings/comments were a bit harsh. So far, while some of the areas do seem needlessly large, I haven't fully explored them. I found the quest on the first map, and chased around a bit, but have managed to ride the caravan, and talk to a wizard. The Miller area seems large, but I don't know if you had intended something in there for later in your story, however, it is rather empty. Encounters aren't the end all/be all of a module, but there should probably be more homes around the mill. Just little nit picky stuff, so far. I'll update this as I advance, but I really don't do single player. However, every module builder needs encouragement, and I'll give it a go.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:41 AM   #8
Dirty Meg
Baaz Draconian

In retrospect, I realise the areas were too big and empty. I think that, and the fact the export character script at the end doesn't work are the only major flaws with it.

There are a load of veiled references to books, movies and computer games in there, so I'd be interested to know how many you spot.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:21 AM   #9
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Overall, I found the module to be a good distraction. It's not overly combat oriented, which is good for a cleric mod, and despite some of the "I found the final monster to be too hard" things I saw on the vault, I found him to be rather easy. Of course, spellcasters aren't my forte as a rule, but there are tricks one should know, and I do...It's a nice start, with a great twist at the end. Thanks for the effort, believe me when I say, I know how much work goes into crafting a module.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 11:12 PM   #10
Dirty Meg
Baaz Draconian

*Shameless Bump*

I just looked at my mod on the NWvault, and somebody gave me a 9.5! Having spent so much time on it, I'm a bit dissapointed at the number of downloads I got, so this is a last desperate plea to get people from ironworks to give it a go. It's only about two hours, and doesn't require anything other than the original game and the two expansions, so even if you hate it you haven't really lost anything.

I would be interested to hear Larry, T-D-C and Mozenwrathe's opinions, assuming they got round to playing it. Thank you Rob, for giving it a chance.