Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2001, 04:30 PM   #1
Barbara
Welcomed New User

i have not read that particular book, but have read others from Feist:
darkness at sethanon,his magician series,and his daughter/mistress/servant of the empire series.
some of my favs are: goodkind,brooks,jordan,donaldson,rawn,eddings,etc.
and lets not forget tolkien, whose hobbit introduced me to fantasy.there are really too many to name. i can't stand having to wait for the next book to come out....#9 of one, #7 of another, etc. i have read so many books that i "did NOT want to put down"! totally addicted. Barbara
Barbara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2001, 05:43 PM   #2
skywalker
Banned User

Actually, Barbara, Betrayal At Krondor was the name of a Computer game from Sierra which eventually became a book by Feist called Krondor: The Betrayal. My favorite of Feist's many books was The Kings Buccaneer. If you haven't read it, you should.

Have you read any of the Myth books by Asprin, there is quite a long series of books with the word Myth somewhere in each title. These are pretty funny IMHO, 'course my sense of humour may be a little off.

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2001, 06:13 PM   #3
Barbara
Welcomed New User

i did read the kings buccaneer. i didn't know the other had been a game. as to the myth books, i passed tham over. i had read the first 6 or 7 books from i beleive Piers Anthony, the xanth series of "punny" books. by then i had had enough of that and went seeking substance. i don't remember the author off hand, but there was a really good series called "trek to Kraggen core, and the Bregga Path" (?) most excellant reading! seek it out if you havn't read it. Barbara
Old 01-31-2001, 06:20 PM   #4
skywalker
Banned User

What little I read of Anthony's Xanth stuff really didn't impress me. As a matter of fact, my wife was a bif fan of Asprin's Myth books. You should give them a try. The 2nd and 3rd books are the best with the Big War and the Big Game.

Mark
Old 01-31-2001, 06:28 PM   #5
adam mage

"Feel the force, Luke"

I'm with skywalker on the Asprin's books
The first three was excellent but several books on... they lost their spark...

Same goes for Anthony's Xanth books.
Old 01-31-2001, 06:53 PM   #6
Barbara
Welcomed New User

well now, if you liked them, and your wife liked them, and adam mage posted and said the first several were good, then i shall have to look them up! it just so happens that i will take a short trip in march and will need some reading material! ( look up the previous books recommended) Barbara
Old 01-31-2001, 07:33 PM   #7
Lord Roberts

Hey Barbra have you read any of the Belgariad series by D.Eddings? Also have you tried the shannara series by T.Brooks I can't get enough of those books, I also like the Dragonlance books, have you tried them?
Old 01-31-2001, 07:50 PM   #8
skywalker
Banned User

adam mage: In case you missed this, in a long ago post:

"As far as my "handle" evoking the shadow of Star Wars (though I do love the first film), it has less to do with Luke and more to do with Loki, the Norse God of Mischief. In the Sandman comic series by Neil Gaiman, in a storyline called Season of Mists, Loki is called Skywalker by Odin King of the Norse Gods. I wonder if that is where George Lucas got the name: Loki Skywalker - Luke Skywalker. I'm pretty sure Loki had been called skywalker in the original myths. Also all male thieves I create are always named Loki, hence the connection to RPGs."

I don't really mind the Star Wars Connection and I do expect it, but I thought that the true meaning of skywalker concerning my "Nick Name" would possibly be of interest.

Mark