Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2003, 03:46 AM   #1
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Aaaaaaaaaargh...U can feel my frustration I hope...could swear a lot but wont since this a public room

To get to the point....

I downloaded some portraits fra a site...Weeeeeeeeeeeee!
However the freakin things don´t work and I just can´t understand why...I put them all in my portraits folder in BG2 folder so no dice there...the portraits I had b4 these new ones are workin fine...
I checked the properties and they´re the same as the portraits that DO work???
Confused...not me...absolutely not!!!?

Anyone who might have an answer could be the reciepient of several kisses for a an answer that might get those pictures up´nworkin
Igonna make meself a party of Drizzt, Elminster, Artemis and Wulfgar *LOL* let´s just say that Artemis is in this due to unforseen circumstances in his own life
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 03:57 AM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Arrow

No kisses please. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

1) Make sure the file is in .bmp format.

2) Make sure the filename does not exceed 8 characters.

3) Make sure the portraits are of the correct size.

Further details can be found in the game's readme file. Open up the readme file and search for custom portraits.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 04:01 AM   #3
Vedran
Lord Soth

Portraits have to be in Portraits folder, they must be .bmp. The larger must be 110 x 170, and the small one must be 38 x 60. Their names must not be longer then eight characters. And for the best performance, the large one should be no more than 24 bit, and the small one no more than 8 bit.
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 04:22 AM   #4
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Thats the weird thing...they are .bmp and they´re the right size to....but I´ll check the manual...the names aren´t the trouble since I´ve numbered them... 25.bmp etc
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Old 05-13-2003, 07:35 AM   #5
andrewas
Harper

Maybe BG2 can only handle so many portraits? Try moving some of the the older ones into a temp folder and see if the new ones start working.
Old 05-13-2003, 09:03 AM   #6
Lich King
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The file names should be like this: ???????L.bmp and ???????S.bmp with the same ???????. Hope it helped.
Lich King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 09:55 AM   #7
Envy
Dungeon Master

I have the same problem too but with a small difference I guess..
sometimes with some portraits I can find the large one but not the small...
interesting huh?
Old 05-13-2003, 11:01 AM   #8
IronDragon
Elminster

I once had similar problems and renaming the portraits seemed to help although why it would make a difference is beyond me. The length of the portrait name (despite what the manual says) does not seem to matter but what seem to matter is the L and S at the end of them.
Old 05-13-2003, 02:02 PM   #9
Vedran
Lord Soth

It can handle at least two hundreds of portraits, at least it does for me .
I haven't noticed that L and S matter. I have thought them to be a naming custom.

Try this:
Empty your Portraits folder.
Find portrait(s) you want to use and put only them into the folder.
Load Shadow Keeper and open your saved game.
Change portrait(s) (by clicking below the existing one).
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 02:49 PM   #10
Sparhawk
Quintesson

I erased the lot of them ... I didn´t bother with it anymore...got some new ones though

"Unleash the Casey!"