Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2002, 08:09 PM   #71
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

WHOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like my connection problem is solved thanks to an unexpected opportunity to play around with Windows XP on my machine [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Should the new system configuration work out I should finally be able to join you guys for some multi-player action.
Cyril Darkcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2002, 08:37 AM   #72
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I don't know what is going to come first, guys.
The newest patch for NWN or me buying WinXP.
Well, although we are not Multi-playing currently,
I still have alot to keep me busy.

Cyril gave me the coolest idea of making the Tower of the Modding Mage available.
If I can pull that off, there'd be alot of people interested in running through it! I would like to know if TAOWolf has the game. I have not heard from her in a long time. I hope we have not lost her skills in the RP forum.

Anyway, This thread would be the appropriate spot to keep each other updated on any Modules we may be working on. For example, Spree's Shady Tavern or Mistral's O.E.W., or Cyril's Druidic adventure. Ideas can be shared between us, and advice sought for.

I made a small Module yesterday that was for me a learning experience. I have not completed it, and it is only one area, but it is fairly large and twisting. The aera is a crypt setting. It is supposedly a refuge for whatever character I send there, and a lady in one of the rooms give me experience points by *talking* with her. She is well guarded. I have other rooms that could possibly hold many things...and MAYBE I will attach this area to my Tower, kinda like a secret level. I might make it accessible to those that know how to get in. Hmmm....
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2002, 05:00 PM   #73
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I have nearly completed my module of the Tower of Shadow...the first floor. It is a terrible place to be, as the Modding Mage would assume that if the first level was secure enough to ward off the riff-raff...ie. those of lower level...then he would know the extent of their strength when they made it to level 2, and react accordingly. I will go back and read the story to make sure that I get in all the good'ol stuff, as well as expound on areas that did not receive much attention in the story due to rushing to completion. I am thinking at least level 7 characters...but might make it stronger than that...I dunno...anyway...it will be a great place to bring your high level characters in to play with some of their newly aquired abilities as well as test out some new items and armory.

I have some stunning visuals to go along with the magic of the tower, but I do not want to spoil the surprises too much! What I ~will~ consider doing is to allow anyne who would like to ...a test run through the area...before I fill in most of the MAJOR surprises...that way, I can get good feedback from you on how you feel that I can improve it...yet not ruin any surprises for you in the finished version. I plan on completing one floor at a time, and have no real reason to rush this job.

I am neglecting my single player game...and the possibility of working with IWDII...I also have many other tasks to perform such as home improvement, maybe a second job...and baby-care while Karen is taking college courses all day and night to finish her degree. Yet...the fool that I am will still be found grinding away at the Module as well as lurking here and on MSN...where my trial continues. We could have finished last night when Mistral returned..but good'ol Spree decided not to come back! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 08-06-2002, 05:03 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 08-07-2002, 01:01 AM   #74
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

Larry - figure higher than 7th level. Considering that there will be outside areas to cross before even getting to the tower, characters are going to level up beyond 7th before even getting to the front door. Hell, a seventh level character would be lucky to survive the first encounter in the mountains [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]

BTW - I wanna see a bonespawn [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

It just won't be the Modding Mage's tower without the bonespawn [not to mention the shadowriders].
Cyril Darkcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2002, 08:56 AM   #75
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Er....I uhh...okaaaay.

Well, I'll certainly try!

Last night, I went thorugh and made some minor adjustments to things, but did not get to try it out in testing due to a crash, soooooo.....I just flipped the switch and went to bed, after browsing some of those code sites you showed me.
Old 08-19-2002, 11:54 PM   #76
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

This is more of an update on what's been going on over at my end. Besides my OEW module, my other key project is to find out what course to take up for graduate study. (Working life currently sucks, and I'm going to aim for a course of my real interest rather than opt for "the norm".)

My module is coming along okay, though I have come to accept my limitations as a module creator. Spree, I am not. Cyril, I am not. What I can bring to my game is probably my artistic (*cough* *cough*) talent as a painter of areas. And, hopefully, some drama and tongue-in-cheek dialogue (I DO have a reputation as soap opera and drama queen to upkeep).

Just don't expect the plot to be anything like the one we spun, cos I can't achieve that. I'm tossing in crazy sub-plots just to give us a reason to go to places originally mentioned in the story.

I hope to get this done by Sep/Oct, when I hopefully get my posting. Till then, it's these 2 projects that will sustain me in these trying times...
mistral4543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 12:36 PM   #77
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

As prompted my Mistral to update the world on the module that Cyril and I are building, It is coming along very well. Many monsters are being created by Cyril to insert into the game. He has been using the new features of skins and textures that are available for download. I have downloaded some hak files to make the place more detailed and original...and Cyril has built a few outside terrains.
The positive is that this will be an intense, high-level game, in which you will enounter some new creatures...battle monsterous beings, and finally have a chance to hack at Larry, the Modding Mage himself. The tower is not as large as Durlag's tower in size, but this will be a considerable challenge.
The negative is that in order to play it, even online on my server PC...you will have to download some things on your own PC in order for your machine to recognize the textures it is seeing. If not, the game will not be accessible. Cyril and I will try to have everything into ne download that will be contained in a zip file.
Currently, the tower I am making has four nearly complete levels...but lacks detail and any creatures I may throw at you. I owe the tower two more levels, two dungeons, 1 sewer level and one secret level, possibly.
Old 08-22-2002, 12:33 AM   #78
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I have succeeded today in completing all areas in my tower.
I do not plan on making any more areas.

* I have built the basic floor design.
* I placed a sun-moon/light-dark visual effect in each area.
* I placed an audio theme in each area.
* I set stairs and portals up for area transitions.

My next phase of the module creation will be to detail each area, connect the areas in the transitions, place inhabitants therein, and set traps where convenient. After that, I plan on writing conversations, placing the remainder creatures round-about, and adding various treasure throughout. The final stage of the creation will be to set up doors that are locked, check scrips and creature control, check for bugs and to test run it from beginning to end. I may have all of this done and ready for game-play before the end of September, depending on how much my wife needs me to help around the house...now that she is back in school and stressed. Of course, Cyril is my partner in this project, and I will be leaning on his aid to do what I lack the patience to do as well as the know-how. He has already given me material that makes the game truelly unique and exiting with it's new features not found in a normal module. Alot of credit is already owed to him.
Old 08-26-2002, 07:26 PM   #79
mistral4543

As I was mentioning to Brian... this project just keeps getting better I create an area and place a few houses ... and then I gotta create new areas for the interiors of the houses! I am really going [img]graemlins/reallyroll.gif[/img]

As far as journal entries are concerned, I've finally figured them out and how to link them back to conversations [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] though I haven't learnt how to create entries just by reading books (ie no conversations). If any of you have figured this one out, do share

Now I'm left with the umpteen customers in the various inns and pubs and few more NPCs to weave in story-lines. As far as areas are concerned, they are more or less done except for Ravenwood (which we're covering back at the Online Roleplaying Forum ) and Waverider's Lair (10 levels), though I may give that a miss if it's too tedious / boring for you guys.

Lastly, somebody confirm that there are no mindflayers in NWN?? [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img] That would leave Neb's quest out totally [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-30-2002, 07:15 AM   #80
mistral4543

Knock, knock... anybody there?? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Anyway, in case any of you are even staying tuned to this thread... I am redoing my OEW module. I'm keeping the dialogues and quests simple, and finally got the merchants to work I'll try to wrap it up by November, cos otherwise, I'll never get it done with

Any updates from you other folks??