Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2002, 10:41 AM   #1
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Want to create another all-female party... but there is a problem. Too many female NPCs.

My previous all-female party was as follows,

Carlo Sanciona, Cavalier,
Imoen,
Nalia,
Aerie,
Mazzy,
Jaheira.

That was without ToB, but I never got around to pitting an all-female party through ToB. So I thought I would take a break from currently soloing my Archer and Assassin and get back into partying for a while at least.

Due to the introduction of ToB...

Spoiler alert
~
~
~
~
... Viconia can be redeemed and turned good. So now I have six female NPCs to choose from. I have narrowed down the list to three of them. Imoen, Aerie and Mazzy will stay.

Imoen stays because she is half-sister of the PC. Aerie stays because she is my second-favourite NPC in the game. Mazzy stays because she is the most mature and noble NPC female in the game in my opinion.

Soooo... ...

Who should I leave out of the adventure?

Jaheira grates on my nerves and I have a tendency to kill her in her cage whenever I start a game. I only tolerated her in the previous all-female party because the PC was female.

Nalia has got to be the whiniest brat I have ever met in this game. At least Aerie got good reasons to feel insecure, Nalia is just too pampered/sheltered... and badly misguided, if unintentional.

Viconia is evil, rude and kills at the slightest provocation. Just like any other female... kidding.

Note... their classes does not matter at all to me. I am going more for personality. Who do you think deserves to be left out?

Land of the Psycho-moe
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2002, 11:19 AM   #2
Dragonbreath
Manshoon

I say leave out Nalia...
Old 07-21-2002, 11:45 AM   #3
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

Yeah I would agree with that. You already have Imoen and Aerie so why bother having Nalia who sucks as a thief and Imoen gets one extra spell for a level so is a better mage.
Old 07-21-2002, 12:15 PM   #4
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Leave out Jaheira. Bad personality, only talks about herself and how sad it is without Khalid. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2002, 12:24 PM   #5
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
As I'm sure you know, Nalia isn't *quite* so whiny and bratty in ToB. I think that it's only right to keep Viconia if you really want to leave the world a better place; redeeming her and whatnot would certainly make the PC remembered. Jahiera I like only because I think she's funny, though I can see why she would get on your nerves. SO... I'm going to have to say leave Nalia, only because of what Dragonbreath and Zarr said, that you already have a dualclassed thief/mage.. It wouldn't be fair to Viconia or Jahiera to dump them, who you've known since BG1, for Nalia.
If you're looking for less bickering in the party, leave Viconia.. I don't understand why Jahiera and Viconia fight, because it seems to me Viconia at least grudgingly respects Jahiera. AND... "Truth be told, I would not mind traveling with Viconia." But Aerie hates Viconia just because she's drow, thus provoking Viconia to be cruel to her. Mazzy doesn't like Viconia, either. Jahiera is a bit condecending... condescending... Al Gore-ish towards Aerie, as Aerie's naivete clashes with Jahiera's worldliness, especially given Jahiera's recent loss of Khalid.
A big factor in this decision has got to be voice. I like Jahiera's and Viconia's voices, and could stand to listen to them the entire game. Nalia's voice isn't as appealing to me.
If I was the PC and I had to choose, I would pick Jahiera and Viconia, simply because they've been around and I would value their input.. even though these two in particular can be just a liiiitle bit biased in their opinions.
Viconia's rudeness can be refreshing. Since my party is almost always polite and such, to see Viconia make comments that even I would make at times is nice. Ultimately, though, it all boils down to who you like best. Let us know who you decide on, ok?

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2002, 12:49 PM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Who I like the best? It should be phrased as who irks me the least. Although that only applies to Jaheira and Nalia. The only reason why Viconia is debatable is because of her initial alignment, the reason why she was not even a contender in the first team. Now that she is redeemable, I am giving her a chance, but I want some opinions on this matter first.
Old 07-21-2002, 12:52 PM   #7
Alson
Galvatron

I say, try the new nalia romance.
It could be refreshing...
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2002, 12:55 PM   #8
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Alson:
I say, try the new nalia romance.
It could be refreshing...
Eh? While some might find it appealing, the very idea makes my skin crawl. Aerie and Viconia any day.
Old 07-21-2002, 01:22 PM   #9
Alson
Galvatron

[img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] ...
Refreshing... Not enjoying...

Now, on a more serious note..
If you want a good female NPC which you can romance, download Tashia.
She is really the best female romance...
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2002, 01:35 PM   #10
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

I have the Sola mod and Ascension already. Besides, if I am not mistaken, the Tashia mod is still under testing and not cleared yet.