Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2001, 05:59 AM   #1
Ziroc

Noooooooo!!! I was hoping for at least a fall release.. I don't know why, but playing RPG's in the Fall is more fun..

But MAN.. March 2002 is a ways off.. I personally can't wait to build my Modules.. also Dungeon Siege--THEY TOO are releasing a VERY detailed editor with the game. (We'll have a Dungeon Siege area up in a week or so)

Ziroc
Old 05-21-2001, 08:26 AM   #2
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

March 2002!!!?!??!?!?!

Man, that stink.
Why in heavens are they delaying so much for? I mean, are they afraid to release it with all the other games???

Are they aware that 3D games are a "fresh product" and if they wait that long they will have to look over the graphic engine again to be sure it is "fresh" for the release..

Oh my, more waiting for good games is not good...

You will build up expactations and then bahambug... Am i whining again ?

------------------

Yawning lazywolf..
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2001, 02:47 PM   #3
Aurican
Elminster

Nooooooooo!!! It won't stop being pushed back!! I think they should do what Origin did with Ultima IX and release the game now and put out a finished product in March. That way we can still kind of play.

Sorrowful news....

------------------
Can an elf get a break anywhere these days?

http://angelfire.com/rpg/aurican
Aurican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2001, 03:54 PM   #4
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:
March 2002!!!?!??!?!?!

Man, that stink.
Why in heavens are they delaying so much for? I mean, are they afraid to release it with all the other games???

Are they aware that 3D games are a "fresh product" and if they wait that long they will have to look over the graphic engine again to be sure it is "fresh" for the release..

Oh my, more waiting for good games is not good...
You will build up expactations and then bahambug... Am i whining again ?
I'm whining too, , but MARCH 2002?!?!?! UGH! I bet I know why it's being delayed-- so they can add more Editor Options, like Inserting your OWN textures and models, they KNOW that the Dungeon Siege editor does this, and don't want to be one up'ed-- I agree!

Plus, the D&D 3rd ED Rules.. LOTS of stuff to add, tons of character dev. choices, so it may take more time..

Ziroc

Old 05-22-2001, 04:31 AM   #5
WOLFGIR

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
I'm whining too, , but MARCH 2002?!?!?! UGH! I bet I know why it's being delayed-- so they can add more Editor Options, like Inserting your OWN textures and models, they KNOW that the Dungeon Siege editor does this, and don't want to be one up'ed-- I agree!

Plus, the D&D 3rd ED Rules.. LOTS of stuff to add, tons of character dev. choices, so it may take more time..

Ziroc

Good to hear I´m not alone..

Well hopefully they also will check over the graphics engine too, too make it more efficient, last thing i heard and saw was some footage from NWn was running with the geforce 3 card, well it looked really REALLY beatiful, a cleric casting a cure spell in the woods, but after seeing it, I just thought one thing..

Modems, bye bye, no way you can get that much info flowing lag free on a modem if you play over the net..

I don´t know you´re situation over there but here we have about a number of 10-15 % of all gamers that own a faster connection than modems, and than ISDN is the major player there..

------------------

Yawning lazywolf..
Old 05-22-2001, 04:38 AM   #6
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:
Good to hear I´m not alone..

Well hopefully they also will check over the graphics engine too, too make it more efficient, last thing i heard and saw was some footage from NWn was running with the geforce 3 card, well it looked really REALLY beatiful, a cleric casting a cure spell in the woods, but after seeing it, I just thought one thing..

Modems, bye bye, no way you can get that much info flowing lag free on a modem if you play over the net..

I don´t know you´re situation over there but here we have about a number of 10-15 % of all gamers that own a faster connection than modems, and than ISDN is the major player there..
Yeah, I agree, I have a cable modem, and man, when I got it, Playing Online games was MUCH more stable. plus, I hack the hell out of my Windows files, tweaking and stuff to get every OUNCE of power out

I just hope I don't die before it's released! lol.. They STILL haven't sent me the updated press pack either..

Ziroc

Old 05-22-2001, 04:58 AM   #7
WOLFGIR

Well, I´m looking into having a new connection soon with 2 Mbit capability, but well it costs alot I´m afraid but well, since I´m going to start training again soon, I won´t have to much time to go out partying.. er well I could squeeze in some nights I guess.. hehe

Well it´s still expansive...

------------------

Yawning lazywolf..
Old 05-22-2001, 02:45 PM   #8
Asphyxiate
Manshoon

Hmm - at least that release date gives me enough time to save up and buy a decent computer. I keep saying that I'll get a new one, but manage to squeak out a bit more overclocking or other tweaks to keep my one alive. My trusty P400 has served me well!

------------------
Asphyxiate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2001, 08:20 PM   #9
Robin, Thief of Hearts
The Magister

Well that's aways off, but it gives me time to prepare - get a new vid card with some serious power, buy a graphics tablet to do the textures and so on.

When UO came out, I was panting in line to be a beta tester, along with many thousands. UO got shot out the door half baked, to say the least. It was so extremely buggy, it was hard to imagine, but worse than that was the imbalances in the game. After 3 years of UO, I was still feeling like a beta tester - they never seemed to get it right, or deliver on promises. (But the interaction with other people was great.) It would have been far far better to fix the major bugs first.

If they take time, Black Isle will hopefully live up to their high standards. So far they have been not only excellent but consistently so. I hope NWN will be their coup de grace, eliminating the need for new games for years to come.
Robin, Thief of Hearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2001, 08:23 AM   #10
Lord Shield

sob sob sob sob sob sob sob sob sob sob sob sob sob sob sob sob sob sob sob sob sob sob sob sob sob sob sob sob sob sob sob sob
I WANNA NWN?????
sob sob sob sob sob sob sob sob sob sob sob sob sob sob
DON'T WANNA WAIT!!!
WAAAAAAHH!!
Can we just get a little version soon? Please? I don't give s*** about texture editing

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp