Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2003, 12:36 AM   #1
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
So a magic weapon has a certain number of charges and each time I get a successful hit I use up a charge. Can I recharge them, or get them recharged somewhere, or when they run out is that it?

I have a longsword that does some sort of damage, electrical I think. And I think, although it may have happened in a game which I subsequently reloaded at an earlier stage ( ), that I used it a couple of times and it was down to something like 46/50, and I was checking my equipment yesterday and found it was 50/50 again. Do they just recharge like that or am I talking out of my ass? (very possible ) Supposing it's true that the recharge in my pack while I'm not using them, what happens if I run out of charges during combat? Do they break, or turn into normal swords that might at some stage be rechargeable, or what?
Old 03-14-2003, 03:38 AM   #2
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
You have an ass that talks ?

Okay, here we go. Enchanted items recharge when you rest. I think an enchanter can also do it for you, but i never used those. The sword doesn't break when it used all of it's magic, so don't worry about that.
Old 03-14-2003, 04:06 AM   #3
Desdicado
Zhentarim Guard

You're also supposed to be able to recharge and make new enchanted items yourself, if your enchant skill is high enough. I haven't managed to work out how yet though.
Old 03-14-2003, 06:20 AM   #4
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Light Bulb

Darn Johnny you beat me to it. A talking ass we have.

If you are still using low level enchanted weapons, like under 300 charge, you need to swap them around a bit, and rest more often. They will recharge on there own when not in use.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
To help increase your enchant ability, and to use those worthless low level soul gems. When your weapon runs low, equip from your pack a low level soul gem, under the options, use recharge item. That will do both, recharge that item ,and work on your enchant skill.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2003, 08:59 AM   #5
Helix
Dungeon Master

Magic items will recharge over time, resting or not.
I carry three magic swords and when one of them runs
dry, I just switch.

Helix
Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2003, 10:04 AM   #6
B_part
Quintesson

Soul gems can be used to quickly recharge weapons and "cast when strikes/cast when used" objects.
A magic object with no charge retains all the properties of the non enchanted object it comes from: a silver claymore will still do a lot of damage. Obviously, magic objects must be reapaired just like other common objects...
Old 03-14-2003, 01:36 PM   #7
Mister Natural
Manshoon

Yeah items recharge over time, you don't have to rest.
One thing I noticed recently. When a weapon has used up its charge, it appears to charge up faster if you stash it somewhere and pick it back up later as opposed to simply carrying it and using another weapon for a while.
Old 03-14-2003, 03:56 PM   #8
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Oh great, thanks [img]smile.gif[/img] . I'm glad that they do recharge by themselves. Wasn't too impressed when I saw that my sword only had 50 charges - I was like, how am I going to ration these out till I find another sword!

Do you find ones with a lot more charges then? Because even with the recharging I'm just using non-magical weapons unless I come across someone who isn't affected by them, cause 50 charges isn't that many. Will there be a stage when I have so many magic weapons I won't need to carry normal weapons at all?
Old 03-15-2003, 02:47 AM   #9
B_part
Quintesson

Yes, late in the game you will find some great weapons which have so many charges that they are undepletable, considering also the fact that you will need to hit only once or twice to kill any given monster.
Old 03-15-2003, 10:47 AM   #10
Rageheart
Emerald Dragon

I just made like the best sword.......It's a daedric longsword with absorb health and poison cast on strike......It gives me health and depletes the enemy's health double time