Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2013, 09:58 AM   #11
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Default Re: Skyrim

I have clocked about 350 hours of gameplay on Skyrim, suffice it to say I am a fan Haven't had a chance to try out Dawnguard yet, and there's supposed to be another expansion coming up(already out?). Just kind of over did it with the vanilla+mods, need a bit of time away from it to get into it again

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:28 PM   #12
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion

Yup, dragonborn, came out this fall season. From what I've read, it's supposed to take you back to Solstheim. Take on an ancient evil (again), and learn new more powerful and unique shouts.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:42 AM   #13
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Encountering a moderately irritating bug in the game. Several corpses on the road between Whiterun and Riften (the one that passes Valtheim) refuse to vanish, and the bandits at Valtheim haven't respawned since I first killed them. I killed them when I was around lv. 4-5ish. Now I'm level 23. I would have figured they'd respawn by now...
Indeed, in my previous play through (vanilla skyrim) it seemed they respawned within a day or two of my clearing them out.

Any thoughts? Has anyone else dealt with this issue? Is there a fix?

playing on the 360, in case I failed to mention in a previous post.

Old 02-18-2013, 09:04 PM   #14
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Been playing Skyrim now for over a year on the 360. Love the game! Played all the way through once an Imperial and did the Imperial Quest. Also finished the main quest and the Dawn Guard quest as well. All are very good. As with all Bethsaida games, it's a bit buggy, but I like it better than Morrowind. The scenery and baddies are much better. Finished that character at Lvl 78.

I recently just started another character. A Nord this time. Playing mainly as a Mage. I'm up to Lvl 30 now and just finished the thieves quest and I'm just about to get the guild built back up to top strength and earn my guild master's armor. Magic is the bomb in this game! Fireballs are your friend!

Any way, it's one the best games I've played in a long time! Maybe even better than BG! That's saying something for me, since I grade all games against BG. Find most of them lacking too.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:59 PM   #15
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

I was playing the other day, started a new character, got to Ivarstead and got a quest to hunt down some bears from Temba Wide-Arms.

Anyone know if this is supposed to be a Star Trek:TNG reference?

I'm refering to the episode where Picard is stuck on a planet with a member of an alien race that speaks in metaphore. There's a line that gets repeated often, "Temba, his arms wide." And coincidentally, it turns out they're hunting a dangerous beast... (very rough condensation of the plot.)

Old 05-17-2013, 11:03 PM   #16
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Ok, I may have just answered my own question: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Temba_Wide-Arm