Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2005, 04:14 AM   #1
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Mad

Any one ever play thru the *Vault* mod? I would like your impressions/opinions, if so.

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 03:41 AM   #2
Khayne
Dungeon Master

I have it downloaded but I need the IEES to install it. I would use tutu but that crashes after I create a char. If I find the IEES I will install it.
Khayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 05:08 PM   #3
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

It's a good enough mod. Two big fights and some interesting changed items. One word of caution, try to do the beginning of the vestibule quest before going to Larswood and Peldvale. You can easely avoid these areas for a long portion of the game.

Spoiler question
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
Can anyone tell me what the 'ingredients' are for the warhammer that those priest will make for you.
Old 03-25-2005, 06:31 PM   #4
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Quote:
Originally posted by the new JR Jansen:
It's a good enough mod. Two big fights and some interesting changed items. One word of caution, try to do the beginning of the vestibule quest before going to Larswood and Peldvale. You can easely avoid these areas for a long portion of the game.
Where do you even GET the Vestibule quest? I've been in the vestibule,, and got my butt handed to me by that demon(or whatever it is), so I sure as hell can't beat THAT boss yet. Spoil me.

Old 03-26-2005, 04:01 AM   #5
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Mad

Quote:
Originally posted by Khayne:
I have it downloaded but I need the IEES to install it. I would use tutu but that crashes after I create a char. If I find the IEES I will install it.
I don't know where you can find IEES, but here is a site with IEEP...
http://www.clandlan.net/index.php?file=tbgmirror.htm
This might work for you.

Old 03-26-2005, 06:42 AM   #6
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by ElfBane:
quote:
Originally posted by the new JR Jansen:
Where do you even GET the Vestibule quest? I've been in the vestibule,, and got my butt handed to me by that demon(or whatever it is), so I sure as hell can't beat THAT boss yet. Spoil me. [/QUOTE]Well, that's the beginning of that quest. You have to defeat that demon and his two skelleton guards and then talk to one of the priests and go from there.
Have you animate dead ? You can use (or misuse) the AI with this spell. Cast it when the enemies don't see you. Move forward untill you get the 'autopause enemy sighted' message (you have to have it enabled in options). Your skellies will all attack. Move back out of sight immediatly. If you've done this right your skellies will still be attacking but the enemy will not and just stand there getting hit. It will take a long time because you have to rely on critical hits and you'll have to repeat the process each time one of them get's killed. And if you want a side order of cheese with that.......