Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2001, 11:53 PM   #1
Miguel

I'm loocking for a Wizards & warriors Stats editor, anyone knows where i can find one???
Old 04-01-2001, 11:55 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

The only thing I've heard of is to hex-edit the stats yourself. Wyvern would know more about that than I would. The only "trainer" that I know of only gives 9999 HP to all the characters, and it's permanent. I don't have the URL for that one, though.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2001, 12:24 AM   #3
Mortal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If you need it you can download it here at Inroworks (Cheat Pages) the URL is http://www.tgeweb.com/ironworks/wiza...s/cm-wnwtr.zip

Mortal (Aris)
Mortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2001, 07:21 PM   #4
Matri
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I take it none of you know about the Roster Editor posted to and available at The Adrenaline Vault and available at http://www.urtools.de
Matri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2001, 07:24 PM   #5
Mortal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I suppose that I thought a HP trainer was enough when you were able to use all those wonderfull "Undocumented Features" (Ignorants call them bugs ) inside the game!

I 'll give it a shot.

Mortal (Aris)
Old 04-02-2001, 08:10 PM   #6
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Mortal: True, very true. I personally don't use trainers. Bug exploitation . . . well, now I don't mind bending the rules a little there. Still, it's so much more exhilirating when you get through the game without outside "help" if you know what I mean. (Forum advice doesn't count, though!)

-Sazerac
Old 04-02-2001, 11:22 PM   #7
Mortal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

To tell the truth and only the truth I prefer story oriented games so to be able to follow the story to THE END. Sometimes I follow the story patiently enough but in this game I wanted to see more more more. You know what I mean, search a lot to know where everything is, die a few times, and if you feel like using that old war hammer() on the keyboard/full tower/monitor combination, then throw in a trainer as a countermeasure.

In life you can only die once(the nihilist/pecimist in me ) so I prefer in games to stay around alive and kicking a little longer. Trainers are good when you don't feel proud at the end for finishing the game, but feeling the small melancholy you feel when you 've turned the last page of a good book!

Even though in W&W the search kept going for 10 to 12 days, 12 hours a day, save/restore check, stats building, following story and so on. I haven't felt like this since Lands Of Lore III, Stonekeep and that kind of games, FPS View, RPG, a somewhat strong plot, and the fairy tale approach at its best.

Just a question what are your actions the first time you open the box of a new game?

Personally most of the times (alas, not this time, and I wasted a lot of time due to W2K bug) I visit the official site, check for patches, faqs, bugs lists, then run a search for one or two forums for info and discusion, a search for hints, cheats, walkthroughs. And so it begins! Is this the most common approach to be prepared for everything that may take place?

BTW how do you create the second smiley (the green one), is there any list with the combination of symbols used?

True Neutral (with chaotic tendencies)

Mortal

PS: As always sorry for using my Barbaric(INT 1) approach to the English language.

Quest, questions, quest, Answer, Questions, questions, questions walkthrough!

[This message has been edited by Mortal (edited 04-02-2001).]
Old 04-03-2001, 12:09 AM   #8
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Generally, the first thing I do when I get a new game is skim the manual (generally during the Install process), note how characters are developed, any skills the manual brings forth, spells, and the basic interface. Then I read the readme file that comes with the game (notoriously there is one there).

Then I jump in and start playing. Rarely do I start looking for help until I am finally stumped.

However: if I find I like the game, and I'm interested in finding out how others like it, too, I'll search for a forum for the game. That's how I found Ironworks back in November. I had just gotten to Brimloch Roon, and thought, "I wonder how others are doing", checked on the Internet, and the rest is history, I guess.

Mortal: at the top of the page, click the link for "Graphics Library". It'll show you how to make all the different icons and effects. "Colon" and "D" together (like this: :_D only leave out the underscore) will make the green smiley.

-Sazerac
Old 04-03-2001, 02:48 AM   #9
Mortal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thank you very much for your quick reply!

Mortal (Aris)
Old 04-03-2001, 09:48 AM   #10
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Mortal - check the graphics library (button on the top right of the screen) for a whole list of great graphics (including the smileys) that you can use!
: + D =

Wyv

Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote