Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2003, 04:07 AM   #1
jinny
Dungeon Master

many things in the game are confusing to me (maybe because ive never played baldur's gate 1) i wanna ask u to clear some of this stuff up for me

1. there is some crazy loony named Habib who throws scimitars at me and runs away? who is this guy?
2.in the slums district u meet 2 goons one of which is named Kohrvalle? (excuse spelling) and the other a dwarf.... the dwarf says " calm down kohrvalle. mr. f. dont like u killin people in the streets" (or something to that extent) who in the world is Mr. F?
3.the murder case in the bridge district seemed like a cool, fun quest.... initially an exciting detective-like quest transformed into some freaky archaic cult-like mumbo jumbo (which in my opinion totally ruined the quest) .... what exactly is the tanner involved in?
4.in the quest for Nalia's keep... there is the a man by the name of glacius hiding in a hidden room and he says something like.... "for the glory of the new master" i dont think its torghal... but i might be mistaken...
5.a room in the bridge district has a bunch of people that are immediately and for no reason are hostile towards u..... they dont have generic names like smuggler thief mage etc. etc. in fact they have COOL names like Valeria and Dracanos (excuse spellings) i think this was supposed to be a quest.... someone should finish this quest as a form of a mod!

[ 07-24-2003, 05:01 PM: Message edited by: jinny ]
Old 07-21-2003, 04:10 AM   #2
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

1. Habib is a guy, if I remember correctly, that was inserted into the game as a reward from a contest where people submitted various ideas to put into the game.
2. My guess is Firkragg.
3. The tanner is the murderer.

[ 07-21-2003, 04:11 AM: Message edited by: Gangrell ]
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 04:20 AM   #3
Sythe
Ra

There is a thread somewhere where some people claimed that them or one of the NPC's were killed by Habib.

[ 07-21-2003, 04:20 AM: Message edited by: Sythe ]
Old 07-21-2003, 04:23 AM   #4
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by jinny:
1. there is some crazy loony named Habib who throws scimitars at me and runs away? who is this guy?
He's a crazy loony named Habib who throws his mighty scimitar at your head and runs away. You don't like it, go buy some turnips.

Quote:
....who in the world is Mr. F?
I, too, am guessing Lord Jierdan Firkraag, simply because he's the only guy in the Coronet whose name begins with F....except for Frankie, and we don't even know Frankie's last name. But as for your implied question, No, I have never seen any real indication as to who precisely those to chumps work(ed) for.

Quote:
3.... what exactly is the tanner involved in?
A lot of freaky cult-like mumbo jumbo, that's what. What, you think cultists can't murder people? And your sense of "the quest being totally ruined" is rather global--the race down to the basement, only to find that your target got away, is indeed disappointing. But hey, look on the bright side--maybe there's more to the quest, and you'll bring him to justice later on.
Old 07-21-2003, 06:28 AM   #5
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by jinny:
4.in the quest for Nalia's keep... there is the a man by the name of glacius hiding in a hidden room and he says something like.... "for the glory of the new master" i dont think its torghal... but i might be mistaken...
His new master is indeed TorGal.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 06:44 AM   #6
Jon Irenicus
Elminster

The answer to ur question "2.in the slums district u meet 2 goons one of which is named Kohrvalle? (excuse spelling) and the other a dwarf.... the dwarf says " calm down kohrvalle. mr. f. dont like u killin people in the streets" (or something to that extent) who in the world is Mr. F?" I think that the Mr.F is the tanner in the brige district... B/c if u do the right thing in conversations with the tanner, it says it'll bring guards to protect himself. After the guards arrive(thugs) when u talk to them, they say they r there to protect "Mr.F". Its only my guess....
Old 07-21-2003, 07:44 AM   #7
andrewas
Harper

Riejeck Hidesman is Mr F? I dont see it somehow.
Old 07-21-2003, 07:52 AM   #8
Jon Irenicus
Elminster

Hmm........ perhaps I've got it wrong..... but what the hell..... [img]tongue.gif[/img] Havent played the game in a while....
Old 07-21-2003, 07:58 AM   #9
Jon Irenicus
Elminster

Opppps my bad, its Mr.R, not Mr.F. Sorry....
Old 07-22-2003, 03:25 AM   #10
Bloodtitan
Dungeon Master

glaicas in the arnise keep can be saved. he says somthing about his new master so i tried to countercharm him with the ring of human influence. you have to be quick now. for 1 second his circle is blue, then turns green. pause the game when he is blue and send someone talking to him. unpause. you get 22.550 xp for that and glaicas hands over his flail piece.