Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2001, 01:37 PM   #71
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Nice to hear from you again Staraflur , I was beginning to think you had dropped off the face of the planet. Good to have you back - and tomorrow it starts all over again. Ashes cricket from 7:00 pm, and the Open Championship from 6:30 pm. Better stock the fridge with drinks, and get in a few nibblies - looks like it's going to be a long couple of nights,and a red hot remote control . Glad to hear you enjoyed the Rugby - great series - pity we have to wait another 12 years .

It felt like I'd dropped of the face of the planet on Sunday morning.
Anyway, I enjoyed the series, just not the outcome.

Unfortunately I'll miss most of the cricket due to work (got to earn money to buy drink during the term time), and ToB is coming out here (apparently). However I've just heard O'Grady lost his yellow jersey - maybe a sign of things to come this weekend.

Hi Bhaal, nice to have someone from another great rugby nation here, should give us another perspective on things, (or someone to join with us against the Aussies )

Old 07-18-2001, 09:44 PM   #72
Bhaal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Here's a question for you guys from fellow Super 12 nations. I here that it is likely going to be Super 14 next year, and the two major entries from Aussie are the Perth area and Melbourne. Aren't both of these areas very small rugby areas prefering AFL and league? What about South Africa? Anyway how come it took so long for an Aussie team to win Super 12, you have less teams and more people thus your teams should be stronger? We have more teams, less people thus our good players are spread more thin through out the Franchises. How about that Irish hooker who played for the Lions, what a legend! Side stepping wingers and attempting drop goals! Good Stuff..
Old 07-18-2001, 09:49 PM   #73
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Well, we're world champions (whatever that means) in rugby league and AFL as well though. They have a number of good athletes playing those sports who might have otherwise played rugby.

There is a lot more depth in NZ rugby and maybe even English rugby than in Australian rugby at the moment. That's why we're trying to spread the game to Victoria. The good players we do have are really good, though.

Be prepared for a battle, mate!

------------------
Old 07-19-2001, 09:32 AM   #74
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Hi Bhaal,

Your descriptions of Melbourne and Perth (more interested in the other football codes) was exactly how someone would have described the ACT before they let the Brumbies in as the 3rd team (and gee, aren't they something like the Super 12 champions now or something ). The parallel is exactly the same - these sides would import players from the existing strong states (ie QLD and NSW), meaning that some fringe players who don't get to impress (because of the strength of talent in the Wallabies) will now start to get a game for more than just club sides. Time we dusted off all our trophies and got ready for title defences I suppose - what do we have at the moment - BILL of course, the BLEDISLOE (again), the Tri Nations, and the ACT have the Super 12. I bet a few lads in the "Shakies" must really be jealous of a success rate like that .

------------------
Old 07-20-2001, 03:18 AM   #75
Bhaal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Good point Davros, I actually realised that after posting my last message. Of course there will be a heap of fringe players around the existing teams to head to new areas and make the starting line up, can only be good for the game. Whats Wendel Sailor up too? Word is he could be playing on the wing against Lomu at some stage? What a match up can't wait! Hope you have a really tight grip on that silverware because we are coming out with all guns blazing! For once it looks like the All Blacks may all be in form at the same time... doesn't happen often!
Old 07-20-2001, 06:35 AM   #76
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Definitely going to be a whale of a series. The Springboks look a bit battered but you never know.

------------------
Old 07-20-2001, 08:10 AM   #77
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Hi Memmie,

More importantly, there is a cricket match going on - and it look like Donut's boys have capitulated again for a meagre 187 . Lucky the golf is more of a contest - Monty is still holding on to the lead in the Open, but hasn't started his round yet today. Looking forward to playing Lytham myself in exactly 1 month to the day. Here's hoping from another good showing for Monty.

------------------
Old 07-20-2001, 10:26 AM   #78
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Hi Memmie,

More importantly, there is a cricket match going on - and it look like Donut's boys have capitulated again for a meagre 187 . Lucky the golf is more of a contest - Monty is still holding on to the lead in the Open, but hasn't started his round yet today. Looking forward to playing Lytham myself in exactly 1 month to the day. Here's hoping from another good showing for Monty.

Hmm, they might actually be playing marginally better than last time.

------------------
Old 07-20-2001, 06:55 PM   #79
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Awww stuff. I'm missing all the cricket! Thank goodness for Rupert (did I say that? What!!??) as I got to see a South Africa/India Oneday match the other night. Otherwise the U.S. is cricket dry

Mem. I'm on a G4 in a very large computer store, and your Genie is practically running! Have you sped it up or is it just the speed of the machine. Pages appear instantly here. It's like a dream. I WANT IT Large screen, fast, good look - POWER

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 07-20-2001, 06:57 PM   #80
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

YAY! Just went to crickinfo MARK WAUGH! The prince of poetic batting. Oh yeah! I see we won the first test too! Where is Donut! YAAAYYYYY!

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!