Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2001, 09:22 AM   #1
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Greetings!!

Have had one of our players write saying he is stuck in the level up screen because he has no visible skills left to which to apply skill points.

Does any one know a solution for this?? or a hack for this??

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2001, 09:53 AM   #2
Xignal
Drizzt Do'Urden

Can he get to an inn before leveling up? He could then use the Roster.dat character editor to modify his skills.

Xignal
Xignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2001, 09:53 AM   #3
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Never happened to me. I would think that this could be circumvented if you happend to change class... that should give him more skills to which he can apply his points.

Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2001, 10:48 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks a ZILLION!!!!

I've sent off the suggestions - I think the character editor will probably be the preferred solution since his characters are Zen Master, Valkyrie and Assassin.

Wyv

------------------
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2001, 12:02 PM   #5
the_young_one
Manshoon

Brilliant. I took my characters to the inn and used the character editor to lower some skills and so now I can level up again.. Thank you Wyvern and Xignal..

FYI: I was replaying the game because I was curious about a quote from DW Bradley that "on average a party of six will go through about 40-50 levels". This time round, I pushed this to the limit by having my party join every guld, take every quest, buying skills as much as possible and changing roles almost to the maximum. For example, my zenmaster started out life as a level 12 wizard, level 12 bard, level 11 ninja, level 15 ranger, level 15 barbarian, level 15 samurai, level 18 monk before the last one to zenmaster. I completed the game with six characters (each character went through about 100 levels before completion), kept the three elite characters and wanted to see how extreme these characters would become.

I figure that the quickest way to level up was the following:
reset adventures, run down to get the Mavin ring from the crypt, run to Ishad N'Ha and out, go up to the Boogre caves, vanish to Doshi-Gin side of caves, use the lamp to increase ability, vanish to Brimloch Roon side of Dragonspire, go up to Oakenmir and take him apart for 10 million exp. After repeating this twice (it only takes about an hour for each run), the 20 skills on display had all been maxed out and I was stuck..but now I am free again .. hee hee..
the_young_one is offline   Reply With Quote