Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2001, 09:13 PM   #1
Balgin
Elminster

The above title just about says it all, keep me informed as to any changes please.
Thank,s in advance,
Old 12-03-2001, 09:33 PM   #2
vesselle
Hathor

awww, balgin, i'm so sorry.

i really thot y'all were getting it in the next 10 days or so. it makes me feel bad and guilty, knowing you're not. i just don't understand why english versions of all games don't go out at the same time.

i might understand it if this were 1960, but geeze... [img]graemlins/awcrap.gif[/img]

V***V
Old 12-03-2001, 10:53 PM   #3
Balgin
Elminster

The main reason why Americans get American things first is simple. Geography, it's got a shorter distance to go. Oh, and greed, don't forget that. Apart from that I don't know why but whenever we get our toys (generally a few months later) they seem to be patched versions with less bugs and problems [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-03-2001, 11:23 PM   #4
Moni

Wasn't this game released in Russia months before we Americans got our (greedy?!) hands on it?!

I do hope you get it soon Balgin...I feel just awful playing for hours on end knowing you only have that piece of string to keep you amused.

My game has as of yet been bug-free.
Sir-Tech style you know...releasing quality games.
There has been one patch to fix the end area which I won't get to for months LOL so you probably won't need that one, but the other problems I have been reading about with other peoples' games have not ocurred here on my own.
Old 12-04-2001, 07:03 AM   #5
Imperativ
Elite Waterdeep Guard

today i got an email, that i gto mine in a couple of days (only the german Post can tell).
the german store, i ordert it, send it out yesterday, so im locking forward to hold it in my hands tomorrow

dont know, why i got the english version earlier in germany, than in britain...
i've ordert it from
www.okaysoft.de maybe you would try it there...
Old 02-24-2002, 02:11 PM   #6
Balgin
Elminster

I still don't have a copy so I might just follow your advice.
Old 02-24-2002, 03:13 PM   #7
KraGorn
The Magister

Er, Vesselle, look at the date on your post [img]smile.gif[/img] "posted 12-03-2001" ... and I see you're ignoring us again

Balgin: www.strategic-plus.co.uk imports them and apparently is where Sir-Tech point Europeans who ask them where to get it from.

[ 02-24-2002: Message edited by: KraGorn ]

[ 02-24-2002: Message edited by: KraGorn ]

Old 02-24-2002, 05:50 PM   #8
Mr Creosote
The Magister

I'm in the UK and after 9 years of waiting I couldn't stand it any more! so I coughed up and bought it from the USA, with DHL shipping it cost me a total of $80 ( and I didnt get any customs import duty so it *could* have been more). Thats a lot of money for a game, but if you can crack open the piggy bank it really is worth it, best $80 I have spent. Think of it this way - if you are planning to buy say 2 games in the next 6 months then that will cost you the same as buying W8 from the USA - and you;ll get more than twice the enjoyment, so in actuality you are saving money. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Mr Creosote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 07:39 AM   #9
ironmadeit
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Try to buy from www.interactcd.com i have orderd from them, shipped on thursday arrived on tuesday in my mailbox in Sweden really fast to a comparable low price i´ve paid $47.50 shipping and handling icluded but without the boxcover. The downside is you need a creditcard the rest is secure and easy. Hope this helps it would be fun to have more europeans here