Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2006, 03:08 AM   #1
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

It took me long enough, but I have finally decided to take the plunge and play BG1 via BGTutu. One of the main reasons why I could never play much of BG1 was that I played BG2 first, and going back to 640x480 was very detrimental to my enjoyment of the game.

I decided not to go with a Mage/Sorcerer for this round because it would have been a case of been there, done that. Warriors sounded kind of bland. So I decided to go with a Rogue. Which Rogue? Why not the Assassin? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Hooboy... Poison Weapon is EVIL in BG1. Short of ForceCast(), ALL enemy Mages without exception, have succumbed to Poison Weapon. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] And with Throwing Daggers, my Assassin can really whittle down an enemy's HP.

Things got even more evil, when I finally scourge enough gold to buy the Dagger of Vemon... Here are some screenies of a 2-hit kill. Take note that my Assassin has proficiencies in Short Swords, Daggers, and One-Hand Weapon Style.

Scored a Critical Hit and Zel failed his Saving Throw. Apparently Rena dealt so much damage that it busted his helm. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/lol.gif[/img]

First half of the poison damage...

... second half of the poison damage, and the finishing blow.

Looking forward to future fun with Rena.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 04:52 AM   #2
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

tutu is great isn't it? it's definitely on the list for when i've finished my current SoA/ToB game

'in a world without stoneskins the assassin is king . . .'

[ 05-15-2006, 05:10 AM: Message edited by: Armen ]
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 06:29 PM   #3
Klorox
Symbol of Cyric

Rena sure can hold a bunch of throwing daggers!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."-- Edmund Burke
Klorox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 06:46 PM   #4
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Aaaaamazing. Quite frankly, some of the best classes to play in Tutu are any of the cleric kits, the Skald, the Assassin, and the few others that get abilities at level 1.

Wait, does teh shapeshifter get abilities at level 1? Oh man, that would be amazing.

Quote:
Carbos: Hey! You be Gorions little whelp, aint chya?

*Changes to werewolf*

Carbos: uhh... nevermind. Must have gotten my names mixed up. I meant... uh... Forion's little whelp... Please don't kill me! I'm to beautiful to die!

*Attacks carbos with Werewolf claws*

Carbos: Ugh! My clavin! You ruptured my clavin!
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 07:22 PM   #5
Klorox
Symbol of Cyric

I'm told that an archer rocks this game as well, considering how good ranged attacks are in BG1 anyway.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."-- Edmund Burke
Klorox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 08:07 PM   #6
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

PH34R the power of my Level 1 Monk!!!11!one!
Old 05-16-2006, 04:09 AM   #7
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrvias:
Aaaaamazing. Quite frankly, some of the best classes to play in Tutu are any of the cleric kits, the Skald, the Assassin, and the few others that get abilities at level 1.
i can't help wondering about totemic druids as well . . .
Old 05-16-2006, 07:35 AM   #8
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

what does tu tu actually do?
Old 05-16-2006, 11:55 AM   #9
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

it takes the BG2 engine and rule set and inserts the BG1 content (maps, quests)

so you play BG1 but with 'better' rules, screen resoultion . . .
Old 05-16-2006, 07:10 PM   #10
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

And kits!
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote