Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2001, 12:32 AM   #1
Dwarf

Since I did a full sized install I seem to have all of the graphics and sound files for the game on my computer (including a few unused bits like a multi player game joining screen) and was last night merrily looking at the item graphics (the backpuack/ inventory pictures).How I smiled as I decoded the abreviations (the feathered cap was ROBIN HOOD and the wizards hat was gndlfh (Gandalf's Hat?) also various other bits).I once more found out what the Mavin lookse like (blade heavy, needs a bigger pommel) and then I saw Kerah's Sword!This set me thinking,I have already heard of D'Soto's Chainmail,something belonging to Nivius (there are sound files for you refusing the oath and him attacking you!)and I've heard from people who have killed Erathsmedor (can it be done outdoors as well as inside?)and gained great treasures.I now ask myself,can I get Kerah's sword?Is it given("Go and slay the beast thta guards such and such an item/gateway/bridge etc but no weapon save for my sword may harm it.I am forbidden from interfering directly in the fortunes of mortals but you may take my sword.")for some quest?Can it be stolen from her without bloodshed? I want an answer,is it all a big set up (the sword will kill you so Nivius, D'Soto and Kerah are fallen angel types, trying to con mortals into wielding the cursed blade (think radioactive)and so save the world- the ultimate sacrifice).I personally geussed the background and storyline of Revenant after about four or five minutes play and wasn't far wrong about BG or D2 so I think I might be warm.BTW if you can kill Erathsmedor outside does that mean that you can't meet him later to continue the quest? All answers gratefully accepted.
Old 01-04-2001, 02:29 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

BIG SPOILER:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
You get Kerah's sword at the Endgame, if you make certain choices. (E.G., don't "align" with Cet and "do" give back the Mavin). You can then reset the game and replay it with Kerah's sword or (and this is just conjecture), wait for the next game to be released. That's the only reason I can think that HPI would give such an artifact and create two super-charged roles (Zenmaster and Valkyrie) so close to the Endgame is to set it up for the next W & W release.

Sazerac.
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2001, 02:50 PM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

P.S. I like the radioactive touch: "The wrath of the Mavin hath consumed them all"...Yep, and now they have a half-life! Good scientific explanation for the mystical curse.

Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2001, 04:13 PM   #4
Erad

This sword also gives you a nice trait when invoked.Any1 knows where can I obtain traits like

Dragonfire, Mercurys Heel, Soul Bane and Ancestral Guide?Im going tho#rought he game secon time now, and I want them

Erad
Old 01-04-2001, 04:26 PM   #5
Dwarf

There now follows a direct quote from Grimtooth's Traps Too (in invaluable resource for GM's, it was a compendium of traps with no rules or game mechanics, just a skull rating from one to five, five being the most deadly).
"Liz Danforth and Mike Stackpole offer a quick and simple trap designed to have players tearing their hair out in frustration,or something to the same effect.Excalibur Reprise beginswhen the characters discover a huge boulder in the dungeon.Sunk up to the hilt in the boulder is a sword.The hilt is black and large enough for two hands.When the sword is pulled from the stone,and it should take some strength to do so,the adventurer finds that he now owns a five foot long black broadsword with glowing runes working up and down the blade.The runes are strange,one of them consisting of three megaphones within a circle,the smaller end of each pointing at a dot in the middle of the circle.The runes,when translated - and it should take a long time to do so - will read "Property of the Nuclear Regulatory Agency".The runes glow without magic,you see,and when a characters hair begins to fall out,and other signs of radiation sickness begin to show themselves,translationthe runes will be the least of the characters worries.One should never go pulling irradiated broadswords from their lead - lined boulder sheaths..."
Yes, that is an original typo, the original does say "translation the runes" instead of "translating" or"translation of the" but anyway, it's copywrite Blade, a division of Flying Buffalo (yes the TnT people )1982.I just thought I'd show where my particular inspiration came from since I was actually thinking of it when I wrote the above.That's interesting, so the Mavin is a sword with a special purpose,leant out for one quest.Assuming I am suitbaly humble(" My noble lady,I no longer have need of this.It has served it's purpose and to hold it longer would do nought but let envy grow in the minds of men and they would fight for it, possibly destroying the world.I shall not be party to such devastation."Or words to that effect).
Old 01-04-2001, 04:59 PM   #6
Mohazek
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Dam that is a nice touch! Well thought out my Dwarf friend!
Mohazek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2001, 09:05 PM   #7
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Hi all,

A few questions and even some answers here.

1. How do you get Kerah's sword? When I finished the game I didn't get it, but I had killed Erathsmedor, so anyone have proof if this is why? I had no choice as my Shroud of Elsera did a magical disappearing act. What is her sword like? I did not align with Cet, and I gave up the Mavin. Hmm, this is worth some research! Anyone?

2. Dragonfire - I found a pendant in Skull Castle that gives you this when invoked. I gave it to my Vampire Assassin so she could breathe ice and fire. heh.

3. Merc's Heel - Don't know, sounds like a Valkyre trait to me. Ditto on Soul Bane. Ancestral Guide is received when you become a Samurai. BTW - The Samurai quest is the easiet, I had all my character become one, to get the powers and Sun magic. I think I should do a write up on how to get suped up characters by lots of class changes.

4. This space for rent.

Cheers and beers

Scronan
Scronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2001, 01:34 AM   #8
Erad

Right after you say u will give the mavin, kerah go behind you and dissapears.I found her sword laying on ground, coz i was running out of time theere (get the stuff from 2 chests), so when i was getting rid of it, i saw a nice, golden sword on ground.

PS.What about Soul Drain? Right now Im going to Stout Mines, plz some1 tell me how to get to raskalion (dont need dragon armour).I wanna an assasin this time

Erad
Old 01-06-2001, 07:22 PM   #9
Dwarf

Simple, you need to change the points (direction controllers) at both places so that the right hand truck takes two right hand turns.Then you should find the traitor.
Old 01-07-2001, 06:10 AM   #10
Erad

Found him.The end

Erad